1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Need some advice on watercooling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Yaka, 1 Dec 2010.

1. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

i am in the process of water cooling my old antec p190 case the orignal idea was to fit 1 ek 280 rad at the top with the 2 fans you in the case in the pic below. and stick a ek 420 rad next to the psu
    trying to fit the 280 rad was a no go mobo and mem block the rad from being mounted ( also chipped the paint on the rad.

the bottom part of the case should house the triple rad with a bit of work. my question is would 1 triple rad be ok to keep the psu and a gtx 580 cool ? and if i whent down the SLI road in the new year will it be enough for 2 gtx 580s as well?

[​IMG]

2. bagman

bagman Minimodder

can you not put a 120.3 rad and a 120.2 rad in the bottom in the same configuration as the Silverstone TJ07

3. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

i could but only if my rads sell in the marketplace on these forums. don't want bite to much in my savings for another 580 card

total regretting not going down that road now

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Why do you need dual 580's...? You gaming on a 151" screen...?

5. Lord-Vale3

Lord-Vale3 His Tremendousness

Yeah, the Antec Performance One series doesnt really support watercooling, I dont think you could do it with a P193 either, I wish Antec would give just a little more room at the top. It needs to be more than 2 rubber grommets at the back.

Could you use the rad up top with thin 120mm fans?

I dont know how you are going to mod the side panels to allow vents for the rads, the way the side panels are made things would get messy. Unless you were replacing the side panels entirely...

6. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

As to weather I need sli depends but i think it would help with the 30" HP monitor coming my way

As for the vents in both side doors totally agree it's going to be a painful job. A friends suggested if I do mount one rad down there I should drill holes for vents on both panels at the bottom. Tho I am tempted to cut the panels with a jigsaw stick a 420 (3x140) fan grills on.

Dunno what to do, maybe keep the triple rad and stick a 120.1 where the 120 extraction fan is next to the CPU? Too keep temps down before the water hits the gtx card

7. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Well, from the pic, it's quite clear that there is more than 25 mm of clearance on the top. It looks like a 30-32 mm rad would fit inside the case, with the fans being outside, sucking air out through the rad. That would work.

In the bottom it looks like another 120.2 or 120.3 could easily fit, with the PSU being mounted side ways. You will need a grill or mesh on the side panel to provide cool air and a mesh on both side panels would be great, so that there is sufficient place for the air to flow out as well.

The 120.3 and a 120.2 would be enough for a CPU + 2 GPU loop, just needs some modding and thinking.

There seems to be more than enough space in the mobo area to fit a pump and res.

8. bagman

bagman Minimodder

you could also fit a 120.1 rad at the back just out side the case and have the fan on the inside of the case and cut out 2 holes for the tubes to pass through

you could also buy a water chiller

but i think your best bet is to go 120.3 and 120.2 mount them side wise at the bottom of the case and cut out with a jigsaw cut out for two mesh panels on the both the side panels

9. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

well ended p sticking the ek 420 rad in
    [​IMG]

no leaks either! tons of air bubbles been rotating my case every few mins and they keep poping up

can also squeeze the 280 rad in behind it and have the fans in the middle if and when i go sli. but first is a fan controller for me. ih and yes the res is not mounted properly as i ran out of tubing. couldnt get straight tube cuts with the cheapo tube cutter i got

10. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Nice :) Very simular to my loop (which reminds me, I still have to do a log for it). I found just having the D5 on full pushed most bubbles out of my system, just the RAD is a pain, so they will clear in time :)

11. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

need suggestions for the res holders the ek ones are pants fully tightened down and it pops off when i move the case

12. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

What diameter is the res?

13. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Technical data:
    - Installation height: 150 mm
    - Diamter: 60mm

according to ek site

14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I got some from Aquatuning that work really well. I use 2 of these but they're so strong you could probably use one.

15. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

ta, preety much what i need