1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows ARMA 2 Missions

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by will_123, 1 Aug 2012.

1. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

I have been running my own ARMA2 server with few mates (3 - 5) and we are looking for some advice on missions to try, either with ACE MOD or without.

We have been finding with some missions like domination in either takistan or chernaus, that we are outnumbered and the missions dont scale with the numbers of players you have.
    I quite like the objective based domination and patrol ops and wonder if there are any other good ones like that? Where you move from place to place completing the objectives.

Also are there any good scenario type missions you could advise. Im using six launcher so mods would be ok.

Thanks
    Bill

2. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

If you're still looking at the the bigger missions then try Evolution - it seems to play better with smaller groups. The other one that scales better is Insurgency.

There are a couple of main Evolutions;

GITS Evolution

Hohei Evolution 2 - Psycho is about to completely overhaul this version.

There are a loads of versions of Insurgency around, just have a search over in the BI forums.

Lastly there are a couple of Dynamic Missions you might want to try....

Multi Session Operations (MSO)

MSO is actually an amalgamation of lots of mods - very well put together and with the original mod authors' help. It can take some setting up, but does come with a lot of different versions so one of them may suit your guys. One of the 'modules' in MSO is Patrol Operations 2 - this is perfectly playable standalone and is great for small squads too....

Patrol Operations 2

Other than this - there are hundreds and hundreds of MP missions - the best bet is to trawl the BI Forums, Armaholic or look at the mission reviews on OFPEC.

Hope this helps!

3. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Thanks Jedra. Booked marked all those for when I get home. Going to try a couple tonight after the gym.

Another problem we had with a couple of different missions you might be able to help with was that we could never ever get the prisoner or hostage to get in a vehicle with us? Is that mission specific? Or something we are doing wrong. Just using mouse wheel and telling him to follow us did nothing worked. But he would never get in the chopper or jeep...Really infuriating.

4. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

That's going to be mission specific. Usually, as a mission maker, one would group the hostage with the squad leader - that way the squad leader can order him about as if he were a member of the squad. Other mission makers script more complex solutions with varying success. Which mission was it?

5. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

6. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

That's a very good campaign but it is SP only - he won't be able to play it with his squad. Still, I would recommend it for when your mates are busy!