1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Isaac, A white and Blue Build. Start To Finish.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Briony, 11 Mar 2015.

1. Briony

Briony What's a Dremel?

Hi My names Briony and this is my PC Build log :) I'm new here and this is my first ever post! I came to these forums to view and learn about all the amazing mods you guys create. I wanted to share my own PC journey and see what everyone thinks!

A little over a year ago I came up with a plan to create a build that was a little different from the rest. I saw the white and blue Bitfenix collosus and fell in love. I knew I had to create a blue and white themed pc. I bought the case and created my first ever PC, Isaac!. It was a super budget build and I was extremely surprised when Kit Guru shared it to the world! Link to the original post for anyone interested :) > https://www.facebook.com/photo.phpfbid=10202478552907456&set=o.162236020510911&type=1&theater

Through a Gaming Page and some Modding pages I met the legendary John Laverick and the wonderful Gavin Bonshor. They have both encouraged and helped me immensely to achieve my dream and John has been my go to Modder. He has created all the wonderful white and blue parts that you just couldn't buy in a shop! I also have Bitfenix to thank for sponsoring me and providing me with the parts to finish my build :)

So this is the start of my adventure! Created back in February 2014. (Sorry for the poor quality pictures, I'm glad to say my photography has improved recently) The Specs where:
    Quad core Amd Cpu running at 3ghz
    8GB 1333mhz Ram
    Asus HD7750 Gpu
    MSI 760ga p43fx Motherboard
    XFX pro 450w psu
    1tb seagate Barracuda Hdd
    AOC 24" E2451Fh
    Razer Pro type
    Steel series frost blue siberia v2 headset and sensei RAW mouse
    Bitfenix Collosus Case
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My next update was a great improvement! I managed to get some money together and upgrade to the parts I am using today. I am using a HOF GTX 780, AMD FX6300, 8GB 1866 hyper x fury, xigmatek Dark Knight cooler, SK Hynix 128GB SSD and 1TB Seagate barracuda. The motherboard is a m5a97 evo that was painted by John (Montymole). He also created the PSU cover for me so I could use a nice reliable AX760.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So this is my PC today :) I feel like I have come so far and learnt so much. Can't wait for my next upgrade. Hope you like Isaac as much as I do!

My desk with 27"S27D391 monitor, Razer Pro type and steel series Siberia elite and sensei RAW.
    [​IMG]

A look through my Sponsored Bitfenix Window
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A look at some of the parts up close :) I am in love with the HOF GPU
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And once again a huge Thankyou to Bitfenix for these wonderful parts! The quality of the extension cables is superb and they just make everything so much cleaner. The leds are a beautiful bright white and they are super easy to attach. And of course the humble side panel that allows me to display all the goodies within :)
    [​IMG]

2. gavbon

gavbon Extreme Overclocker/PC Anarchist

Nice, clean, subtle, WHITE and nice pink nail!!! :p

Well done for your first go! I hope it hasn't put you off and that you learn more from Mr Monty and continue on with it!

3. DBRichard

DBRichard What's a Dremel?

Looks really nice Briony, also welcome to the forum :)

Gav, also nice to see you here btw ;)

4. Impeccable Logic

Impeccable Logic What's a Dremel?

I am scared to paint a motherboard. One day I will. Nice job.

5. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

Again Welcome to the forum and seems you have been bitten with the addiction that is common with the folk around here :)

6. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Welcome to the forum!
    Very nice job.

I wonder, what paint did you use?
    The motherboard looks like a city under heavy snow, from the picture (or I have a crazy imagination). Regardless, looks really nice!

7. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

Its Plastidip on the motherboard and what a great way to describe it I think you got that spot on :thumb:

8. Raiden

Raiden Portuguese reviewer

This is a girls build?

Love the white combo in the case and gaming hardware.

9. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

Is this a J..k question?:rolleyes:

10. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Hmm.. Painted nails, Purple walls.. Yup, i'd say it's a girl doing the build. That's not even considering the name! :hehe: It's a great build so far though! Looking forward to see what goes next!

11. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

Yes guys this is a girls build a good friend of mine who I met with her Boy Friend last year at i52 ,I have helped her a bit with this since she got the bug for it all, and she is very much wanting to learn a lot more and I for one think its nice to see a new generation get into this and not just because of boobies :jawdrop:

12. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

+1 to new modders being a good thing! (Well, I can hardly talk as I am one.. :hehe: ) Always interested in what other people can come up with and achieve :dremel:

13. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I figured it out as soon as I saw the candles. ;)

I agree we need to draw in a new generation of builders. Welcome to BitTech.

14. Briony

Briony What's a Dremel?

Thankyou for such kind comments! :) And yes the candles, nails and wallpaper give it away slightly :p I hope to learn how to spray some parts and start my modding adventure with John (Montymole) ready for my next build, so watch out for updates!

15. gavbon

gavbon Extreme Overclocker/PC Anarchist

Candles :D <3

16. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Nice work, I love white builds

Btw that Facebook link is dead for me

Tags: