1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Bt Home-hub 1.5

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by dannyj94, 6 Feb 2012.

1. dannyj94

dannyj94 Former 3XS System Builder

A friend of mine has been complaining regularly about a fluctuating signal to and from his Xbox 360. Not entirely sure of the WiFi card or dingle he is using for his pc, but that seems not to have a problem with that.
    I know many have complain vigorously about the routers that BT have supplied there customers over the years, and they haven't been great for WiFi reception.
    Having personally witnessed this myself, with the Bt Home-Hub 2.0, an updated model of the router he currently has, i am putting his problem down to the router itself being old and poor quality.
    I thought I'd just topic this thread though and leave it open for discussion to see what you guys think.

Please reply :read:

2. towelie

towelie How do I Internet!!

I would try changing the wifi channel to maybe 7 or higher to reduce interference, also iirc on BT hubs there is a DMZ option maybe a good idea to assign a static address for your Xbox 360 and pop it in the DMZ.

Also if it the occasion of a blackspot on wifi in the room or so maybe worth buying a power line.

Let us know how he/you get on mate