1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Asus responds to AiCloud security criticisms

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 30 Jul 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

To be honest, this doesn't work for me. I had RT-N66U on 3.0.0.4.260 firmware, did press Check to check for newer firmware, says "it's on the latest version". Checking download page, and i see that the current non-beta firmware version is 3.0.0.4.372.1393. So the notification doesn't really work :D.

3. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Exactly the opposite for me, I had an update ready for my RT-AC66U very soon after this story broke. Asus tend to be quite regular with firmware updates, and Merlin's customisations means that I have no need to switch to DD-WRT.

4. ffjason

ffjason What's a Dremel?

That would be because ASUS work closely with DD-WRT & OpenWRT to create their firmware from what I hear. In fact the original ASUS router shipped with DD-WRT firmware included ;)

r3loaded likes this.
  5. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Ah that would explain a lot! Tbh, I think these open source router firmwares are so good that others should just follow Asus's lead and build off them too.