1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics crashing....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dark~3nergy, 23 Jul 2012.

1. Dark~3nergy

Dark~3nergy what was dat sandvich ?

Hello everyone,

I bought two evga gtx 670 two days ago and now i'm running them in sli, but my computer now freezes after about 10-20mins when i play games...

here's a list of the hardware i use:

intel i7 2600k
    asus maximus IV
    16gb ram
    2x evga gtx 670
    850w corsair psu
    and some hdds

could it be that the psu is not powerful enough ?

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Nope, 850W is more than enough matey.

Dark~3nergy likes this.
  3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Either RMA it or try one GTX670 in single mode first. And try each one to see if there's a problem. Then try it again in SLI.

Dark~3nergy likes this.
  4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Agreed.

I bought 2 GTX 580's and when I got the system built it was crashing after a few minutes of gaming and with seconds of benchmarking.

Took each card out and tried a older card to check the board and each slot and it worked perfectly, then checked both cards again and it would crash.

Started by swapping the cards round in the slots and it crashed again so I tested each card on there own in each slot and found that the board, was fine but 1 of the cards was faulty.

Took it back to Scan and told them exactly how I tested it, and they tested it the same way and swapped the card out for me.

Dark~3nergy likes this.
  5. Dark~3nergy

thanks for the reply, gonna test each card alone then, i just tested to play with the sli disabled but it still crashed.

edit:/ tested the first card, played 20 min without crash, seems to work fine, gonna test the second now.

Last edited: 23 Jul 2012
  6. Dark~3nergy

well, card number one works fine, tested with bf3 and skyrim, card number 2 crashed after 3-4mins in both games. :( well atleast i know what's wrong now, gonna return it today.