1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another one bites the dust

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by StreetSam, 14 Dec 2012.

1. StreetSam

StreetSam Minimodder

Hi All,

And so it starts again. One of my Folding machines has refused to start over the last few days. I've finally narrowed it down to a duff GTX460 which stopped it from booting whichever slot it was in.

On another note, I can't get HFM to build a website any more. It won't even do it to a local drive. I have a hunch that it is to do with permissions, anyone any clues?

2. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

HFM - I would just try wiping it and re-installing, often the quickest thing to try. Just keep a note of any settings for the website.

460 wise, if you are planning on getting rid of it I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands to attempt some makeshift repairs :)

3. StreetSam

StreetSam Minimodder

It was something about not being allowed to run scripts. However I can't tell you how I fixed it because I don't know, it just came good as I was fiddling.

Sorry, I'm going to fiddle with the card myself, and if I can't get it going I'll strip it for parts.

4. StreetSam

StreetSam Minimodder

And lo it rose from the dead, well it seems to be working again.