1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Easter Message

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 16 Apr 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

:naughty: Kinky man.

3. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

Great article! :clap:
    Personally, I don't really have a preference between consoles, and PC. Although I must admit that with the console, you do always have the added pleasure of sitting back comfortably on a sofa. I also like consoles because you've got a bigger screen (well I do anway) to look at. :cooldude:

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

yeah id have to agree on some points on the whole pc vs console front... now it looks like the 360 is a actuall good gaming platform that can actually rival the pc.

Im itching to buy a 360 but i donno if i'd get full use out of it.

5. scarecrow

scarecrow What's a Dremel?

Awsome Article!

Really got me thinking cause the xbox 360 really is a jacked up computer. Hmmmm I wonder if it can become my computer for a lot less then my current rig. Though I still hold a grudge against xbox in general just cause its made by microsoft but that thing is amazing. PC ALL THE WAY

6. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I still maintain that the 360 will eventually get beaten by the PC, although, it may take a bit longer than we're used to.
    Th lead is already starting to shorten at the release of physcis cards, the 360 doesn't have one of those.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You never played Reisdent Evil 4 then last year? That's a triple A title for the GC.

8. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Imo XFIRE acts alot like XBLive, sure it doesn't work for everything (some games the messaging doesn't work right) but it's pretty similar if you ask me ;)

9. gmarappledude

gmarappledude What's a Dremel?

My bias is definitely towards PCs, my last console was the sega megadrive. Most graphics cards have at least s-video sockets, so no reason not to sit in the "living room" and game in comfort on a large tv.

I have a question, does the 360 have a pair of usb sockets, if so is it possible to plug in a standard usb keyboard and mouse and play as if on PC? If so then I may try consoles, there is fun to be had.

10. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

yes it has USB ports, no your keyboard mouse wont work on it.
    thats not saying that there wont be implementations for it in the future though.
    as with the joytech adapters something will turn up, or microsoft will release something or other :p

Im up for some BF2/ xbox live-ing with the bit-crew (namely PGR3, GRAW), let us know what games, as i might have to go buy some more xD.

11. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

360 has 3 USB sockets, but don't think any games support keyb & mouse.
    I prefer Oblivion on 360 TBH.
    And no it won't be long till PC's are more powerful but they will still be 4 times the cost if not more.
    Live is also much better than Xfire, infact you can't even compare them as live is streets ahead.

The 360 is a great console, very cheap for what it does and has some fantastic games - check out Fight Night round 3 for almost photorealistic looking fantastic game and I hate boxing..

12. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

I am undefeatable at battlefield 2

13. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I purchased Me and My Katamari in San Francisco on Thursday and I've not put it down yet. I don't own a playstation so I have missed out of the original games. Nether the less this is one of the best games I've played on the PSP, it works well on the handheld.

Anyone else have any thoughts on it?

14. tank_rider

tank_rider What's a Dremel?

Great article, nice balanced perspective between the two platforms. I agree about the FPS thing, i cannot get to grips with console based FPS and aiming with a joystick, mouse and keyboard all the way for me.

I'd also definately be up for some Bit-Tech BF2ness.

15. KillaH

KillaH What's a Dremel?

Xfire is almost the same thing

16. acidfire

acidfire What's a Dremel?

actually xfire is the exact same thing, lets you straight log into the match your friends are playing, AND keeps you up to date on updates for the games your playing

17. Nova

Nova What's a Dremel?

yup, another bid to use xfire, i love it, even though i dont use it a whole lot. much better than msn/aim/yahoo in my opinion. its more fo the gamer form of communication.

http://www.xfire.com/

vent is another good option for more voice communication, ithink it has some other features as well.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

But xfire still isn't intergrated in the way that xbox live is. It also relies on other people having downloaded and using it whereas all 360 users will have the live service if they are connected.

19. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I've played oblivion on the 360 at a store demo rig and on my own PC, and I definately prefer the PC experience. Aside from the fact that I absolutely hate controllers for anything that's not an FF-style RPG (ie, no need to actually aim), the 'couch size' interface would drive me insane in minutes - something that I had to tweak out of the PC version within an hour of playing. Oh yeah - tweaks. PC offers them. 360 lets you pay extra to download stuff which probably isn't what you're looking for.

For the time I'm pretty much off of online gaming, it's just lost its appeal at the moment. Firstly, my friends only play WoW which I hate (where I'm traditionally an FPS gamer), and there are so many noobs and morons that seem to be playing recently that it completely destroys the experience.

Plus PC gamers are cheaper and accessories aren't wazoo-expensive. And there's actually a selection of games. Dunno, but after all the hype over the 360 I'm downright dissapointed by the thing, and the whole paying a few bucks here and there to get more content that should have been included as stock kills me (and it adds up quick). I'm not against it, but imo it needs a lot of changes before I'd consider buying one.

20. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I use to love consoles. i had a NES, then a SNES then a PS. even though i have a PS2 i hardly ever play it. I much preter the versitility of a PC. my rig is nice enough to play the latest games. sure its "old skool" AGP, but I like it. I spend just as much time on irc and watching stuff as I do gaming.
    Infact I have not even paid a TV licence this year because I feel that my PC offers as much entertainment as I need. my PCI TV Card is safely hidden away where no one will find it, unless I decide that I need TV. mmmmmmmmmm *** bittorrent

Tags: Add Tags