1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL What is best for me?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jackfowler, 27 Jun 2011.

1. Jackfowler

Jackfowler What's a Dremel?

Hi im quite new to custom building a PC. But im getting some cash soon and was wondering what would be the best computer for me to make!
    I currently have a old laptop and its fine for browsing the internet and everything but ive just started rendering HD video's in sony vegas and it takes me 3-4 hours to render 5-6 minutes worth of video.

So my question is what is best for me? Ive heard that the more cores the better so is a phenom x6 best or should i go with the i5/i7's. My budget isnt huge but i dont really want to spend much over £600 if im buying the right parts this should be okay? I dont mind which Mobo or processor i get just as long as its stable and the best at rendering. I was also thinking is it best to overclock, will a graphics card make a difference and where is best to get the parts from?

What do i want to know? ... What Motherboard/Processor/graphics card is best for price and performance considering i want to make one for £5-600 and also how much RAM would be best.

What i want from the PC - Rendering HD video's, HD output for a Hd monitor and to last me at least 3 years!