1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Battlefield 4 beta launching October

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 17 Sep 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

"'By taking part, you will help us in ensuring a smooth launch for Battlefield 4"

Funny, it didn't work for BF3 :/

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Those words don't belong anywhere near or in an article about an EA/Dice game. I still can't get my head around the fact that 2142 had a CTD bug with VOIP which was never fixed, and to avoid it they just left VOIP out of BF3 completely.

TL;DR: I hate so many EA titles because they're buggy, not because they're bad games. It won't stop me buying BF4, it'll just become yet another title that we love to hate because of all the bugs and the inevitable not-so-smooth launch.

4. barny2767

barny2767 What's a Dremel?

I already have a BF4 beta on my origin but am yet to install it. BF3 may have put me off playing this type of FPS game for some time, so I will stick to Borderlands 2 for now since it doesn't feel like I need to play every day to keep up with people.

5. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

And don't forget the now obligitory 2gig+ patch that will released on day 1; meaning that due to where I live, I won't get to play it till day 2 (and probably with several other bugs that patch 1 brings)

6. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

They never left BF3 without VOIP. VOIP was integrated into battlelog and some plugins. You can create groups in battlelog and then activate voice chat for that group.

A game of this size, which is an extremely technical challenge for launch cant be expected to go 100% perfectly. There are always going to be issues of some sort. Everyone remembers bad news, people forget good news.

7. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

I feel a bit bad for people who pre-ordered just to get the beta

8. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Well hopefully the BF4 beta will not have the sink hole in the map that the BF3 Alpha/Beta had.

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

That's not necessarily in game, though, and really only serves an awkward middle ground of "friendly enough to voice chat, but not friendly enough to use Mumble/Skype/etc". The real advantage of in game voice chat is speaking to the players who you don't know, and is sorely missing from BF3.

Tags: Add Tags