1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Gaming headset £30-50?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Digi, 3 Feb 2013.

1. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Hi guys,

My boy's headset has gone the way of the Dodo and I'm looking for a replacement. I'd like something that's going to last and has a reasonable sound quality.
    The market seems stuffed with options but the opinions are widely varying. I've had a Razer Carcharias for 3-4 years now but I can't find them for a suitable price so I've got to look at alternatives.

The CM Storm 400 seems cheap as chips and looks OK? (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Mast...BZPK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359894424&sr=8-1)

Any other ideas?

YEHBABY likes this.
  2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Digi likes this.
  3. Digi

I haven't seen these before.. I've had a Plantronics at some point and they were pretty decent AFAIR. I'll check it out, thanks for the tip.

YEHBABY likes this.
  4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I've had no issues with mine, and several friends have had them and they've been good.
    Will admit some of my friends have broken theirs, but not sure how rough they were with them etc, for the price of £20ish (what I got them for) you can't really go wrong though :)

As I said, no experience of the 'newer' model, so no idea if they'll be as durable etc.

5. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

I had them, personally sounded much worse in quality than my in ear Skullcandy inkd's. Then again I was comparing punchy in ear sound to flatter, open ear full headset sound.

Digi likes this.
  6. mattyh1995

mattyh1995 Minimodder

Digi likes this.
  7. Digi

I wondered about these - as they seemed too cheap to have his name stamped on. Nice to know they are a decent product. I've now ordered them for more boy as I like that style of ear-cup and the material it's made of. Plus I can take the mic off as he doesn't use it currently.

Cheers for info guys.. :thumb:

YEHBABY likes this.
  8. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try