1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU Dead Tagan 580w PSU?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Sinkacy, 5 Nov 2012.

1. Sinkacy

Sinkacy What's a Dremel?

Hello I'm writing here because I have absolutely no knowledge on how PSU works and I need help. What happened is that last night when I turned off the pc I connected my phone to the cable which was connected to the mobo in order to recharge it. It usually works. But this time when I connected my phone, my pc turned on or so I thought but it was weird since it was too silent and it didn't beep. I ignored it, turned off the psu ( from I to O) and went to sleep.

In the morning I couldn't turn on my pc so I guessed it was psu problem and it of course was. I could turn pc with other psu and couldn't turn on other rig with my tagan.

I think that what happened in the night is that when I connected my phone, the only thing that turned on was psu, without powering mobo and rest of the rig, but I honestly have no idea how it could happen. Now when I change the switch on the Tagan from 0 to I I can hear something there clicking but in no way can I turn on the pc. So my question is: Is there a chance for this psu to come back to life or there was some kind of short circuit when I connected my mobile phone and I should forget about it?

Kind regards!

2. Deders

Deders Modder

Some motherboards allow usb power while the rest of the system is off. What is your mb?

Tags: