1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Lost Planet 3 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 29 Apr 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I remember reading reviews for the first game, and it got panned for poor optimisation - frames dropped to a slideshow in places, apparently. I think it was a bigger hit on the consoles though.

Regardless, the reviews were enough to put me off, and I never got hooked in to the series. In fact, I don't think any of my mates has played them either - I accept that it's hardly a representative poll of the gamer population but, from my perspective, it's difficult to ignore it when combined with the poor reported reception on the PC - so I find it interesting (and commendable) that they've continued to develop for the PC.

Maybe I'll have a look at them...

3. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I enjoyed the first one quite a bit before my xbox red-ring-o-deathed and while I didn't care for the main characters too much or sometimes got lost in the later levels, I really enjoyed the style of gameplay. The on foot mechanics and mechs felt good enough and the weapons were easy to use and understand. The final boss was a total jerk though but just about every boss battle was really epic once you figured out a good strat.

I played 2 at a friends and we did maybe 2-3 levels and put it down because of how terrible it was.

I played the demo of LP3 at NY 2012 comic-con and enjoyed my time with it, not something I'd get at launch but maybe later on down the road.

4. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Game will get an average rating at best. Lettuce not kid ourselves when we know the outcome. It's a console game and an average one at that.

Tags: Add Tags