1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Antec TwelvOrange **FINISHED**LOTS OF PICS**Update 31/05/2011

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by flame696, 1 May 2011.

1. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

Hey guys

Right i was getting bored and i saw my antec 1200 laying about so i have decided to do something with it. I dont know what colour scheme its going to be so a little input would be very helpful. i already did a white antec 1200 (see pic below) a couple of years back but i sold it, so now im looking to do something a bit more exciting. Im going to do a window mod,which has to be done, and im looking to paint the case.

Once completed i will be moving my current rig (see Sig) into the 1200.

So lets go!

the Antec 1200 boxed up. i like keeping things with original packaging :D
    [​IMG]

The case in all its glory (a bit dusty tho)
    [​IMG]

The guts removed
    [​IMG]

everything taken apart
    [​IMG]

right thats all i did! Now im thinking if i should paint the inside which means drilling out all the pop rivets painting the inside.:waah::waah:

Last edited: 1 Jun 2011
  2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

It's a very industrial looking case. I'd be tempted to go with a gun metal paint job and maybe silver grills. Then fit over sized bolts on everything to enhance the way it already looks. Just my 2 cents worth...lol.

3. flame696

thats a good idea i might do a bit of a drawing and see what i can come up with but thanks for that jeff

4. flame696

right guys this build is back on as i got bored today and decided to get going on this

Ive decided to do the inside all orange and leave the outside black. i will braid the PSU orange and black but not now maybe in about a months time. Im only going to spray paint the case for now.

So first of all I bought 7 Xigmatec orange fin LED fans from the Market place (Thx Andrew8200m)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also went a bought a few bits and pieces

2 cans of primer, 3 cans of orange VW paint and 2 cans of laquer (which i dont know if i will need what do you guys think???), 2000 grit wet & dry for between coats
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my little mouse very handy in tight spaces but bloody hell does it vibrate :naughty:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 21 May 2011
  5. flame696

So now time to drill out all the pop rivets! this should be fun! :clap:

The case all ready to be pulled apart
    [​IMG]

And just like magic its all in pieces Amazing right? :eyebrow:
    [​IMG]

Now to sand and look how much mess it causes
    [​IMG]

After sanding all the pieces. I hope ive done this right????
    [​IMG]

After washing the pieces with water and washing up liquid
    [​IMG]

well thats it for today as it was nearly 9pm ill prime tomorrow

6. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

I wonder what it is about people and orange mods!? Ah well, I'll be watching this though! :thumb:

7. flame696

i dont know its the IN colour at the moment maybe? For me ive done blue, red and green so its the next choice really

8. flame696

as promised an update:

As it was really windy so i made a little paint booth.

[​IMG]

had to make a little amendments to the booth

[​IMG]

all the parts primed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more updates will follow hopefully today

9. flame696

Hi people a bit more pics for you with some colour

Some parts are sprayed and some are not due to running out of cans! Also can you spot my son in this pic????
    [​IMG]

My paint booth as you can see its inside my kitchen becuase the weather has not been good at all
    [​IMG]

close up shot of bottom panel paint
    [​IMG]

more to come by this weekend as i have 4 days off work. YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :clap::clap:

10. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

No problem mate... Lovely fans and I am glad they went to a good home :)

Looking good!

11. flame696

12. r1sKas

r1sKas Orange or White? Lets mod!

I will keep eye on this project :)

Take a looke to my "orange line v2.0" project ;)

Regards

13. flame696

Ive been keeping my eye on that project i love the way you have the braiding its exactly as i want to do mine (when i get around to doing it :D) i know it looks like ive nicked your idea but i really havent its the only colour i could think of as i wanted to do something different then blue, white, green and red so orange seemed nice.

14. flame696

Another update people! Not many comments on m project tho i know that its another orange and black build but trust me it wasnt supposed to be :D:wallbash:

spray painted all the panels and they are now going to sit and cure till Sunday when i will use very fine wet & dry paper and then use laquer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thats all for now until the weekend

15. flame696

well an uodate that im not proud of as everything i did went wrong. today was not my day whatever i did it made things worse im so upset right now i feel like scapping the whole project :waah::waah:

well lets start the day off i went to the DIY store and picked up a couple of items These items are going to be for my window mod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so i started masking up the panel for the mod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this is when my day started to go wrong i totally messed up the window i made it too big because i got over excited with the jigsaw :(

[​IMG]

Also i ended up scratching the plexiglass and i even cracked it :wallbash::wallbash: i dont know if you can see it in the pictures. As you can see below i even managed to scratched the panel, as you can the windows isnt even straight :wallbash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that i thought ill start using the laquer on the piece that have now dried (48hours) so i sand them down and get them ready. i start to spray them when the laquer and the cans start to drip so foolishly i try to wipe it off. But in doing so i take of the damn paint AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: I feel like giving up :waah::waah: moddings not for me

16. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Was looking through and felt you needed a bit of encouragement on this one... don't quit :nono:. It happens and it's all part of the ups and downs that makes modding exciting and rewarding.

I've been modding for years and have messed up my share of stuff so I feel ya, still have never completed anything even worthy of showing on here... though I've recently joined and I'm finally up to the point where my latest project should deserve to be work logged on here.

Anyway, just take some time and come back to it when you're ready--the acrylic can be replaced, the window cut can be fixed, and when it's done you'll look back at it and laugh diabolically :thumb:

17. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

Agreed with the above.

With my project I ended up mangling the back plate on it...
    As Seen Here

Ended up just cutting it off and making a new back for the whole thing, which turned out to be easier
    Seen Here

What I mean by this example is perhaps you can make something better than originally planned come from this situation. Keep up the work, it's looking pretty good so far :thumb:

Last edited: 26 May 2011
  18. domthecondom

domthecondom Noob Modder

If your looking for comments people ain't gone give it too you.

19. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

That feels a bit harsh...
    I am unsure though who that was aimed at...

20. flame696

i think he was aiming that at me. I think people swhould leave comments either good or bad it helps people improve. Ive been messing about with PC's since the 80's but im always learning something new and im always teaching something new to someone with my comments. If you dont want to leave comments you dont have to i just want to share my project and my ups and downs