1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Build log/Show: In Win ROG CRACKEN @ FS Hall Of Fame

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Wrathier, 24 Aug 2016.

1. Wrathier

Wrathier What's a Dremel?

This build is presented to you by EXTREMEWORKS by Wrathier Hilltaker

[​IMG]

Hi all,

I almost completed my ROG Anniversary build and felt like sharing.

This "baby" just entered the top 100 Fire Strike score list for SLI machines.

http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/fire+strike+3dmark+score+performance+preset/version+1.1/2+gpu

I just received my EVGA HB SLI Bridge and I'm pretty happy with the look.

Since I made this build, the chassis have been bothering me because of the "integrated" watercooling solution. Basically if the pump dies, I would have to disamble the machine, wait and then rebuild.

So I got my hands on an In Win 509 ROG Certified chassis instead and another cooling solution.

Lets jump into some specifications of the build:

1. ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 Anniversary Edition
    2. Intel® Core™ i7-6950X Processor 25M Cache
    3. 950 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD 512GB + 2 X 2TB HGST + 2 X 512GB USB 3.1 HYPERX Savage
    4. SLI EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 CLASSIFIED GAMING ACX 3.0 + EVGA HB SLI Bridge
    5. In Win 509 - ROG Certified
    6. ROG SWIFT PG348Q 100Hz IPS Panel with G-SYNC technology
    7. 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200MHz PC4-25600 Quad channel memory
    8. Cooled by an EK-XLC Predator 360 + 4 X Noctua NF-F12 chassis fans
    9. Powered by an EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2

This build is what I personally call an EXTREME build. Though my other build: HYDRA by Wrathier Hilltaker / Aquatuning is extreme, this build kills it without even trying.

Please visit my other builds @ http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=298889 (EXTREME) & http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=306787 (Enthusiast/EXTREME).

Hope you enjoy it.

NOTE: I'm fully aware that this isn't a scratch build. - Working on the chassis. Sorry.

I know a lot of you are hardworking PC moders and I totally respect that. Unfortunately I haven't found a mod I have skills to make. However, I finally found something I WANT to make.

Until that happens, I hope you enjoy to see my builds and if nothing else gets inspiration to continue what you are doing.

It says EVGA and looks very lovely, but is a bit hard to see on the picture. My apologies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My PQ348Q also arrived so here is a good picture of that one:

[​IMG]

Here is a picture of the computer room as a whole:

[​IMG]

Here is a few pictures of what the AURA etc can do and though I find it a bit useless it's a pretty neat feature and if you hate it: Deactivate it:

[​IMG]

Cheers

Last edited: 2 Jan 2017
  2. Wrathier

WOW OMG.

So I decided to install my "extra" CPU and what the h... it's awesome.

I understood on different reviews etc etc, that it was hard to cool etc etc etc, but I still use the Captain 360 AIO their is build into my chassis and I haven't seen a temp above 75 degrees:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is truly EXTREMEWORKS running 10 cores 20 threads without fiddling with voltage or anything, just asking the computer nicely: Can you please be stable @ 43 x 10? - Monster stable guys. Worth every penny. :jawdrop:

Last edited: 15 Sep 2016
  3. Mockingbird

Mockingbird What's a Dremel?

As you note - this isn't a scratch build (when you build a case from raw materials, rather than adapting an existing case - nothing to do with making a 'clone'), nor is it modding in any way I can see. Either way, I think you may have posted your advert in the wrong forum.

For future reference:
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=113985

4. Wrathier

Here we see some different components from the computer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Sep 2016
  5. Wrathier

SWIFT PG348 installed.

Hi,

A few updates - today I was informed the HB SLI Bridge is incoming so that basically means that testing of the computer soon starts for real. :)

Today I got a few pictures of the "updated" PC room with my new monitor. It's the PG348 and so far it's pretty neat. I'm most likely going to love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoy it. I sure will do my best when I've got a spare second in between. :thumb:

Last edited: 3 Oct 2016
  6. Wrathier

OUT OF POWER!!!

Okay so yesterday I was browsing around on the Internet doing basically nothing and the computer shut down and started up with an error code telling me that I had PSU fluctuation issues and I should adjust my settings in BIOS.

I already knew that I had issues as OCCT PSU test could only run for 4 seconds before aborting, but honestly switching PSU isn't the most fun to do a Monday evening. However, now I can run OCCT PSU test for hours and I sort of needed that kick in the butt to get this task over with.

Thankfully, the hardware is so modern these days that it actually informs in plain language what to do and therefore I decided to remove my Corsair AX860i and insert my new EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 T2 which just so happens to be a Titanium grade PSU instead of a Platinum grade PSU and therefore if nothing else is saving some power overall and will help me to boost my OC to new heights when I get around to do that part.

Here is a few pictures of the PSU and the build with the new PSU:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So basically it seems like it turned out pretty well in the end and I'll get to test a brand of PSU I never used before. :rolleyes:

7. Wrathier

New GFX's.

So while I lately have been working on my chassis - ideas and foundation - nothing have really happened and it's just boring.

So I decided that I wanted to test some new GFX's and bought home a pair of EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 CLASSIFIED GAMING ACX 3.0 to replace my Cheesecake's.

While Cheesecake is great out of the box, it doesn't require much knowledge to know that the "Classified" series are pretty awesome out of the box.

That they just so happen to go with the builds look really great so far, is just well.. great. :)

Check out the GFX's here and the build with the GFX's:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Wrathier

Rebuild into In Win 509 ROG Certified chassis.

So in regards to cooling I decided to go with an EK-XLC Predator 360 + 4 X Noctua NF-F12 chassis fans as they are pretty neat.

[​IMG]

Then I had to disassemble the "old" build and move everything into the new chassis. This was much more time consuming that I thought it would be.

Here are the result:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope you like it.

Thanks for looking.

9. Wrathier

Finally a name worth my time.

So after a lot of consideration I found a name for this all eating monster: ROG CRACKEN.

Hope you like the new name and the build in general.

Merry Christmas everyone.

:clap:

10. Wrathier

HTC VIVE - Story sort of repeats itself.

So while this build has been standing still except from changing hard drives and other pheriphials in my eternal wait for new GFX's, I sort of understood after nVidias CES, that there will be no GFX right now.

- Anyway, that was sort of unexpected as I thought I would have new cards in like 30 days or so, but why get torn apart over such a thing when you already are rolling 2 X GTX 1080 Classified and have the power needed for the Vive? - Well I sure decided to say screw this and bought one more. This Vive is rolling in my main computer room in a very confined space. Of course I hit the wall and other stuff a few times, but besides an accident with a beer etc the experience as a whole is better than expected:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm still working on getting that 3D printer in order to finish my case mod, but I've decided that MAYBE the In Win 509 can be used as foundation for it. - I simply just need good enough GFX's so it lasts long enough for it to be worth it for me to make some great watercooling and other stuff.

Hopefully this build is a keeper and for now I'm pretty happy with it. :D