1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware AMD updates its Never Settle Forever bundle

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 21 Apr 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Not sure about some of these titles. The likes of Darksiders and Titan Quest are ancient, and games like Deus Ex, Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs are always heavily discounted in the Steam Sales (and elsewhere) - I think I paid something like £3.75 for each of them at some point in the last year or so. The only new title is Murdered: Soul Suspect, and tbh I've heard absolutely zero about it.

Obviously, getting a few decent games for free is better than getting nothing, but let's not pretend that this is an amazing deal when compared to some bundled games that have been given away in the past by both AMD and nVidia.

That said, perhaps they're waiting until later in the year to add a couple of big titles to the bundle... but to be honest, if I were in the market for a new GPU just now, I'd just buy whatever card I liked the look of the most and forget about the bundled games.

3. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

People who buy gfx cards based on what game is bundled with it don't deserve nice things

4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

I'm not sure I understand this logic. Like sure, buying a GPU because of the game it comes with (or the fact that it comes with a game) is a poor priority choice, but if the GPU model is proven to be a good one, I don't see what the issue is.

I remember back when I bought a 7900GT, it came with Hitman Blood Money. I didn't care for the game (never even bothered beating the 3rd mission) but it only cost about $25 more than a GPU that didn't come with a game. Looking back, I regret getting the GPU, not just because the game wasn't of any interest to me but because the geforce 8 series came out 1 or 2 months later, so my GPU became obsoleted pretty quickly. Normally I wouldn't care about that but the 8 series was a lot more than just your typical upgrade.

Last edited: 21 Apr 2014
  5. murraynt

murraynt Modder

If one card is £150 and the second is £160 but it comes with two games that you were likely to buy, surely that is the better purchase? After all, you are more than likely buying the card to play games in the first place!

6. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

But this is an AMD vs NVIDIA thing not the individual partner brands who assemble them making this offer. If it was Gigabyte giving away a game to lure buyers away from ASUS then fine but it isn't this is about AMD getting the uninformed to choose their card over Nvidia's.

7. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Sorry Smiffy, I didn't realises that's what you were getting at.

Tags: Add Tags