1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress BnB [LDCooling PC-V7] by JaPeMo

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by JaPeMo, 1 Sep 2013.

1. JaPeMo

JaPeMo What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Hi comunity of Bit-Tech!!!

My first experience with NZXT Switch 810 worklog, BnB, finish in problems and accident I had at the end of the mod, I decided to open a new thread with the new project. I had a low moral and I was pissed that they took away my desire to do something great and personalized. There have been many hours and nights reversed. I'll be back with more desire to finish what I started .
    This mod will be something more simple and not as farfetched as above, but I be sure, that will be better. This time, I 'm going to adhere to the ideas and script that I have already written a paper. No improvise , then you know .
    I hope you like the project. A greeting!

HARDWARE

Case: LD PC-V7 Black 280/420
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula
    Processor: Intel 3570K
    VGA: EVGA GTX670 Cheesecake SLI
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 SATA III 2.5" SSD 128GB
    HDDs: WD Caviar Green 1T SATA WD10EZRX + WD Velociraptor 150GB (Disco de seguridad) + WD Caviar Black 640 GB (Para programas)
    RAM: GSkill RipjawsX DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 16GB(4GBx4) CL9
    Sound Card: [URL='http://www.asus.com/es/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/Xonar_Essence_STX]Asus Xonar Essence STX'[/URL][​IMG]
    Power Supply: Corsair HX1050W V2 80Plus Gold
    Keyboard: Gigabyte Aivia Osmium
    Monitor: BenQ RL2450HT
    Mouse: Razer Diamonback 3D

AIR & LIQUID COOLING

CPU Block: EK Supremacy Acetal
    GPU Block: 2 EK-FC680 GTX+ - Acetal
    Reservoir: EK Multioption RES X2-250 Advanced
    Radiators: Koolance Radiator 3x140mm 30-FPI Copper + Koolance Radiator 2x140mm 30-FPI Copper + Koolance Radia tor 1x140mm 30-FPI Copper
    Fittings:
    20 EK-PSC Compression fitting 19/13mm (3/4" x 1/2") Black
    9 EK PSC Adapter 45º G1/4 Black
    7 EK-PSC Adapter 90º G1/4 Black
    9 Koolance coupling adapter 20mm male-female Black
    2 Koolance Fitting Coupling Adapter, *Black* Male-Female 6.5mm
    4 Koolance Fitting Coupling Adapter, Swiveling Male-Male
    1 Koolance Pressure valve
    1 EK-PLUG G1/4" Plexi (LED 5mm)
    Pumps: 2 Swiftech MPC-355
    Top pump: Aquacover dual DDC - Top for 2 pumps - Acetal G1/4"
    Tube: PRIMOCHILL PRIMOFLEX™ ADVANCED LRT™ 12,7 MM (1/2") / 19,1 MM (3/4") - BRILLIANT UV BLUE (PFLEXA-34-B)
    Fillport: Black POM Universal
    Liquido: EK EKoolant Clear (premix 1000mL) (x2)
    Control Panel: Aquaero 5 Pro
    Fans: 10 NoiseBlocker SilentFan Pro PK3 x 10 + 2 Gentle Typhoon AP-15

THANKS TO:

A Bit-Tech members for their comments, suggestions , support and patience for following

[​IMG]

Gustavo of

[​IMG]

Last edited: 22 Feb 2014
  2. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Welcome to Bit-Tech :)

I have moved this thread until there is evidence that it is underway, ie pictures of the build. Once they are up I will move this back to project logs.

3. JaPeMo

JaPeMo What's a Dremel?

YES!!! Thanks!!! :thumb:

BUY IT!!!

LIQUID COOLING

Recovering photos...

Fittings...

[​IMG]

GPU block...

[​IMG]

Keyboard, Gigabyte Aivia Osmium

Recovering photos...

Power supply, Corsair HX Series HX1050 Gold

Recovering photos...

Motherboard, Asus Maximus V Formula

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Monitor, BenQ RL2450HT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Control panel, Aquaero 5 Pro & accesories

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fans, NoiseBlocker SilentFan Pro PK3

[​IMG]

Case, LD Cooling PC-V7 280/420 Black

VERY SOON...​

Last edited: 23 Dec 2013
  4. JaPeMo

JaPeMo What's a Dremel?

PHOTOGALLERY

Anticiclon

[​IMG]

Sleeving

Tools Kit & Sleeving

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Power Supply...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cable...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fans...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aquaero...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 29 Dec 2013
  5. JaPeMo

JaPeMo What's a Dremel?

I modeled in 3D 2 options for fans/rads grills. I like more 2nd option, but in brick better 1st. I want brick following design PC-V7

1st option:

[​IMG]

Like this...

[​IMG]

2nd option:

[​IMG]

Like this...

[​IMG]

But, after, I think that change all front & top panel, like TJ07 modders, why not? :rock:

Fronts:

[​IMG]

Aquaero Pro integrated at top. To add reset & I/O buttons, USB and at the low, 2x140 hex grill with some dateil of mod...

[​IMG]

I made ​​this design for VGA in 3D. But it has a problem with my motherboard assembly.

Each plate have 3mm thick. When two plates are 6mm plus free space. I currently which is 4 plus free space, and I had to reduce it by the USB 3.0 connector. Therefore, this design that I put this complicated thing. It could cut, but just in that area / corner there is a screw, the upper right.

So my first choice is still full cover plate black with blue lettering to illuminate them from behind. As had now, but without using vinyl comes off with screws.

[​IMG]

Regards!!!

6. JaPeMo

JaPeMo What's a Dremel?

Well guys, I bring you news, Papa Noe arrived!

[​IMG]

That's it until Monday. I have to leave the weekend off for personal reasons.

A greeting!

7. Concept73

Concept73 Wannabe modder.

looks good, cant wait to see updates!

8. JaPeMo

JaPeMo What's a Dremel?

Well guys , I finally had some time tomorrow is party advantage to open the packages , so here we go for slaughter .

Fans . This time for the 120x1 radiator I decided to use the Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP -15 . You have to paint them blue ...

[[​IMG]

Radiators. I am surprised its matte black finish . Perfect for the mod and to match the case .

The 120x1

[​IMG]

The 140x2

[​IMG]

The 140x3 . This has been quite marked with friction . But hey , it's pretty superificial .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The top of the pump ...

[​IMG]

The tube. It is quite more seen against the light blue . I think I had before is turquoise / lilac .

[​IMG]

And finally , the LD Cooling PC V7. A box of truth, is expensive, but the finish is impressive. He has his faults like all that passeth to describe according to the photos, as the absence of filters . The paint is a matte black with a stunning finish . Cuesta to stay brands fingers / hands. Allen screwdriver needed 8 for their M3 screws . We turn to the pictures and reviews ...

Opening the box we find a box containing the legs ( the cambiare by wheels ) , 2 switches Lamptron (I've ordered the 2 blue ) , screws for HDDs / other and USB 3.0 connectors . This we will see if there is a change that I have in mind.

[​IMG]

The box itself is quite protected with polystyrene and covered ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here the box and unwrapped ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The details of how you caught the window methacrylate . You milling milling . The bolts are the most for Curran could have a more beautiful finish . We'll see if there are changes with blind nuts here ... In the beginning was to change the blue UV acrylic one . But to go milling is perfect and aligned with the panel. So I'll leave it well this time .

[​IMG]

To remove the sides need a screwdriver / allen key . As I have Swith screws looketh if you are worth and cambiare .

[​IMG]

We spent inside ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course, we started removing parts ...

[​IMG]

I present 140x2 radiator and I'm the first surprise ... NONMATCHING HOLES , so does the 140x3 . The Koolance carry a separation of 20mm while 16mm box . This really is not a problem if you change the front and top panel as I have thought of myself. A part with the screws touch the radiators positions therefore may suffer the odd scratch or bun screws. Another thing to keep in mind when designing .

[​IMG]

Here we can see that it can regulate 5mm more or less according to the need of the fans and radiator.

[​IMG]

Another thing I liked is that you can remove the plate that supports the motherboard. But I do not like to use a different screw . This time is star ...

[​IMG]

And here is the box with nothing ... Only the main structure. The truth is very wide and with a content size .

[​IMG]

The motherboard tray comes with many holes to attach accessories , storage , SSDs , etc ...

[​IMG]

Finishing touches the photo report now design the top and front panels , painted fans, study some things and dimensions. But all this and seeing what you will go slowly .

Greetings friends!!!

9. JaPeMo

JaPeMo What's a Dremel?

Well since I have the final design of the grids. Took me a while to decide, but it's that I like. Both the interior and the exterior will be equal. The exterior because I have yet to see if everything will be aluminum or Plexiglas. There you go ...

The inner top

[​IMG]

And on top of aluminum with with grille methacrylate

[​IMG]

Inside the front grille

[​IMG]

And the aluminum front with grille methacrylate

[​IMG]

And the rear fan

[​IMG]

Regards!!!

Last edited: 12 Sep 2013
  10. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I have to say I like the look of the thin black layer over the orange hex.

11. JaPeMo

JaPeMo What's a Dremel?

Hi!!

I have been all weekend giving BnB mod. Not change the end panels . The main reason for the change was that it did not overlap the distance between fans and therefore the holes. But I happened to catch the file and make the hole a tad longer , instead they were circular. And the result has been good , with consequent savings !

I roll over and I show as I have the project. Before doing anything I preferred to present / assemble everything and so go looking possibilities and if prompted follow the script that had established . I 'll go commenting ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This place still no where lol, something so small. Surely nearly of aquaero or pumps..

[​IMG]

The switches and USB 3.0 are not placed poruqe sleeve that I have that make me still some left. Besides not know if this will put LD Cooling panel or the Switch 810 that I have saved . A part of the conetores USB 3 carries audio , rear leds switch and card reader ...

[​IMG]

A large box for one or two radiators , but if you stick another be carefull.. Scares me when I have to put the tube down the little space you have to stop putting a finger ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reservoir with extras . Led warning aqueaero temperatures , over pressure safety valve ( not liquid spits as many believe. These air that is expelled due to overpressure . If the valve is near the liquid or within the circuit if ejected. But is placed in the top of the tank ( not sharing circulation ) at fill and ready ...

[​IMG]

A filter for impurities that may arise ( plastic chips / acetal , copper , paint, ... ) with 1 valve on each side to open the circuit to the minimum leakage and rotary fittings to unscrew . To this I have to make a good support. These are a few props rotating (elbows , 45, rotating , ...) and is fixed ...

[​IMG]

To detail the back of Aquaero and block cooling option ...

[​IMG]

The front 140x2 rad , runs push-pull configuration but I detected a fault in the box. It turns out that if you put filters the input, for limparlos have to get everything , heated either the front or the top with fans . Is everything subject to the external grid . So I will fabricarme supports that caught the inside and is rad who hold this if you remove the grille. I'm in the process ...

[​IMG]

The bottom of the tank , pumps mounted in series and the sensor. Under the HDDs that are bugging me , then I tell ...

[​IMG]

The pumps and top with more detail. I have to turn the pump so that the cables go forward.

[​IMG]

Well, HDDs ... I tell you , I put the radiator with the jacks down, why? Well because the route is so minor, to have bombs at the bottom should go up and then down to the graphics . Then , when emptying / drainage strip all the liquid . Besides , right now I have no place to put a valve and fillport desgüe . Fillport only if, but I love him because having closed valve , tube fitting place it , open the tap and the liquid is going where you want ...

In the following pictures you will see that there is little , or rather no space , salts with elbow 90 or you eat boogers , and there ventis missing interior ...

The solution that had , and still think how to do it without touching the box ( trim, not shoddy power , and had the switch for it, :) ) is to raise the box HDDs keeping silent blocks . They won it in the bottom space and not have to do so much jog , climb down as I do now also , as I said before, a drain in the lowest point of the circuit.

[​IMG]

Now on to the back ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The invention that I have assembled to place the deposit which suits me for the RL . Scraps of laser grid that held before ( switch) the same tank ... The white is the protective plastic .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And that's it , I still lack a lot, but I think I have much more advanced and where to go to fixed shot . I have to buy more accessories, not many , some elbows , filter (I've broken paws ) , extension and 3-way valve , painted fans, no no, not going to be so , surely some I had already asked / imagined. And Screws . If , at the end just a home hardware . Consequently they are of M4 rads . The box of luck and joy , is M3 and above uses the same screws you buy, semi - round head allen ...

Nothing guys hope you liked it!!

12. jeckulz

jeckulz What's a Dremel?

Subbed ;)

13. JaPeMo

JaPeMo What's a Dremel?

Good night.

I bring you news of the weekend . They are few and it has taken me a long time painting, re- organization of the RL and the theme upper radiator support . That in the end I'll leave it as it is to have to make , say " odd jobs " .

We started with the placement of wheels with brake ...

[​IMG]

The painted valves, Fittings and adapters, screws and fans . This vetch I used primer and you want to tell . At the screws have stripped paint and I had to sand back and repaint , this time without primer and have been much better , more like box matte black .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The theme of the front radiator support. Do not know if I said it before , but it only are attached to the front grille. I am going to put a filter on the inside so when you want to clean these filters , radiator with the 4 fans , fittings , etc. ... goes off . So I 've managed with a L and I have done some internal support ... The rivet wanted him put in reverse , but then my turn and I doubt that would come later. So out. Later I will put a cover.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We begin with the study of the RL . As I missing links, elbows and such, I had to improvise and piecewise fabricarme parts to check its correct position .

I have already solved the issue fillport valve and discharge / drainage system . Besides being the lowest point of the entire system , which will complete emptying , but it is at the bottom of the radiator .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see in the following picture , the valves and adapters and are painted . The filter as comment, you colocare on the back side , just off the upper radiator to so view it through the window.

[​IMG]

Now turn the tank and pump , which do not change their position and flowmeter ...

[​IMG]

As you see , it's all designed to facilitate drainage, all sloping down and ...

[​IMG]

And last but not least . The filling and emptying fillports already placed . In the filling I decided to place him safety valve , thus saving me a T in the warehouse , in addition to being on the highest point which is where the air will accumulate ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And that's all for now ...

A greeting!

:thumb:

14. JaPeMo

JaPeMo What's a Dremel?

Well guys , sorry for the delay. Here you have the photos . It is not so much what you bought, and I said that they were fittings , filters, screens and a little something more ...

The filters , which added to the 4 that I have , the dust will not be as present inside the box.

[​IMG]

Grids . In the end I opted for these , no custom grids . Why? Because I like to be bastnte classic and simple. On the other hand to be universal and can be used in the future.

[​IMG]

The fittings were missing me ...

[​IMG]

And finally , the enigma. Turns out the other day riding the board, I noticed that the RL circuit side of the base plate was a bit low . Remove the block and it turns out that the tube had cracked and was bent . The inventions end up paying ... And so , for the PB block the song ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And you have the pictures lol. Today I'll rest and tomorrow morning , get to work . I have enough gigs, paint some fittings , brackets do HDDs and pumps ...

Good evening friends !!!

15. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Whilst I love the look of what you've done; the watercooling equipment, custom cabling etc. I really think the Maximus V board really ruins that blue theme you've got. I think an asus P8Z77 board would've really looked the part here. The Maximus is great for performance; but for pure aesthetics, it looks out of place.

16. JaPeMo

JaPeMo What's a Dremel?

Thanks for your comments. My first option and buyed, Asus P8Z77-V, but after 2 RMAs I buy this. Really, the red dont look when the project will be finished...

Best Regards!!

17. JaPeMo

JaPeMo What's a Dremel?

Well , Sunday afternoon , trapping , and have to give an account of what happened ...

Yesterday was of low productivity , to stagnate and go round and round the HDDs , pump, flow sensor .. nothing I have not clear . In addition , to buy the block Motherboard , this brings a block to the Southbridge , because we will have to use it , therefore , I now still missing fittings ... On the other hand, by space , I had to sacrifice the DVD drive, not that much but would use it always good to have it. So we'll see if it drops a slot-in drive ...

The RL until next month nothing perpo nothing happens. I 've noticed that I have work to do :

- Sleeve new box fans
    - Add / make wires / splitters new . The 5 happens to be 6 , the 2 I use , but there is a new one, the 4 ...
    - sticks for the rear fans ...
    - Other things that arise (not much because I scripted ... )

That said , the first motherboard with more blocks ...

[​IMG]

As I have the Switch 810 little things , because I'm going to take advantage , so the LEDs to illuminate the rear ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As the PC -V7 only has 2 USB 3.0 front and nothing else, then to recycle . I took the front of the switch that brings the addition of 2 USB 3.0 , 2 USB 2.0, card reader , reset, to turn on the LEDs and connections typical micro / speaker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Methacrylate plate was left a hole is underneath and has ocurido m as placing a plaque and the idea is that the LED is on, in other words, will be lit while the pc is turned on ..

[​IMG]

As I did not like the idea that the bombs were above a sponge with the lack of refrigeration of both to be fully covered , I made ​​a stand with silent blocks ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We already finished and assembled ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Detail...

[​IMG]

I changed the window nuts and acorn nuts I put black painted ...

[​IMG]

Sleeve Lamptron switch ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now the problematic . According to the photo you post the other day

[​IMG]

It commented on the issue of drains, etc. lowlands . But today I remembered that radidador is divided into 2 and therefore only to empty the radiator side of the circuit, the rest not . I set aside post it happen the same. The only solution is to perform a bypass between exits the radiator and in case you want to empty , open valve and then, if done completely emptied . Well the theoretical is very easy ... The practice ...

1. Lesson .

Seemed to be clear the position of the HDDs , well, the dilemma comes in that box weighed hard drives , and I do not trust that you flying with something made ​​by me. Total , this morning and almost all day yesterday, moving hard drives , storage , pumps ... crazy. In the end I found a possible sloucion and that also is great for the bypass . Problem , the bomas are very close to the radiator . Is to change the order of things . That is, the HDDs are now paid alinmentacion source . Problem to be the warehouse , just past, justito .

[​IMG]

I have no pictures of the rest , I missed completely. It is that now the warehouse has to empty side. The pump will be right below , and here is where the first problems I encounter . Being so close to the radiator / fans , almost no place to put 2 fittings . It could pump Fittings together with the radiator, but these , I transmit sound vibrations and as consequence . Another problem I see , Hard Sayings of placing the well , is that if you want to get any, have to remove a lot of things , including RL .

Here this what I have to study more ...

I leave it for today , I will rest and big beer ! !

A greeting

Last edited: 13 Oct 2013
  18. JaPeMo

JaPeMo What's a Dremel?

Finally today I was able to spend some time to mod and I focused on the position of the HDDs and so settle the matter once and for all.

I made the plates to up HDDs case ...

[​IMG]

Here placed ...

[​IMG]

And here the whole ...

[​IMG]

As you have seen is quite high , is to pass the tube above the pumps.

And now the fixing plate to the motherboard ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And are now drying the plates with a layer of black paint ...

And finally , I show the idea of ​​the bypass on the radiator to drain the circuit 9X % . I say the 9X % because there is always something. I just need a T, another valve and some recoreria adapter . I thought I would fail more .

[​IMG]

I'm aware of some new backplates for VGAS . The current , to be vinyl , remove and replace both have been off / scratched in some areas . No place if all black and the same design I had.

To whet time I dedicate to wire the fans that there is still what I have forgotten , I am too lazy to get to the sleeve ...

Regards!!!!

19. jeckulz

jeckulz What's a Dremel?

Loving the progress.
    Struggling to see why that case costs over 400euros.
    But loving the progress none-the-less

20. JaPeMo

JaPeMo What's a Dremel?

Good afternoon friends.

Today I have put a little bit with the mod.

I modified the front radiator support because I did not like was...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After applying matte black vinyl ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the radiator is placed this gap is free ...

[​IMG]

I've also painted two fans to see the issue ... and the result is as expected. Therefore, to buy more cans of paint and paint all the fans ...

[​IMG]

Here you can see the supports HDDs box and painted ...

[​IMG]

And finally as fans are painted with filters in front ...

[​IMG]

The lighting does the rest ...

See you soon!!!