1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Titan Fenrir Siberia review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 10 May 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. dactone

dactone dact-one

it makes you think ,do company's even test there products in the prototype stage ?

3. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Jeez, what a monstrosity. I can see people buying it if it was the mutt's nuts, but there's no way I'd put up with the amount of obstruction it creates inside the case; regardless of how it performed.

I'd like to be able to change my RAM without having to remove the motherboard.

5. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

I think that an enthusiast would not be depending on the cpu cooler to cool the motherboard, and if you're going big then you might as well go for a noctua D-14 or something like that. It's not low-profile or high-performance either. I think the concept for this cooler was wrong, unless the concept was to market a gimmick.

6. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

You are correct; it wasn't very good either though.

7. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

How much? You having a laugh or what? And, just for a laugh, bet it doesn't perform well if you remove the fans and use it as a passive heatsink, because there's no space to put your normal case fans in...

8. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

It's odd how the heatsink market has changed. When I started at bit-tech, £60 for a Thermalright Ultra Extreme wasn't seen as a bad investment, but the success of liquid coolers has pretty much made high-end heatsinks redundant. /discuss

9. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

Its obviously been named after the Siberian summer months, think I'll stick with me Frio a while longer yet

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Good point. We need another "Freezer 7 Pro moment" - Something cheap, easy to fit, relatively compact with great performance - to revive the HSF market. I'd buy one for one of my spare rigs.

However, I wouldn't touch an air cooler in the £40+ price range, but I am a WC fanboy and so probably not the most objective chap to ask.

11. warejon9

warejon9 What's a Dremel?

Maybe it performs better in an open test bench? Due to it looking like it might have struggled due to the lack of case airflow around it? Either that or the front 120mm fan blows hot air onto the send radiator.

12. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

Push/pull configuration would definitely help

13. echo three

echo three What's a Dremel?

this

14. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

I wouldn't buy this cooler for sure.

But. I would love if Bit-tech focused on the clearance near/above RAM slots.
    The cooler in this review seems to be designed to allow good space for RAM modules but I didn't really get a sense of it from the pictures. Maybe take out the motherboard and give us a side shot.
    A lot of coolers clash with RAM modules that has tall heatsinks like Corsair Vengeance do.

15. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

One thing I would like to see from HS manufacturers is to produce a template for a paper model of the same size and shape of the finished unit, nothing super detailed just a simplified blocky model so you can try it and see if there will be any conflicts.

I wouldn't have thought it will be a hard thing to produce as they will no doubt already have an accurate 3D CAD model of the HS

16. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

The above is a damn good point, if I could've printed off a blocky outline of my Archon before i bought it and used that to check sizing; I'd've saved a damn good bit of time, it only barely fits in my Raven as is.

I think half the issue is that Copper and Aluminium are getting more expensive, so the good materials aren't that amazing.

I think the best heatsink out there at the second in a reasonable pricerange is the Frio, tbh. The recipie is proven. All that's needed is to make it cheaper still.

17. rollo

rollo Modder

h80 performs better costs less and is an easier install you would have to be mad to buy this

18. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

My silent running water cooled PC with EK CPU block, Eheim pump and slimline 320 rad is running 24/7 for over two years now without a refill. It never gets above 34c on load, running on a six core AMD Phenom (non overclocked) In fact before my rebuild two years ago. it was running the same block/pump/rad combination 24/7 since late 2003 on a AMD 4800+.

So I can say that my experience with the same WC setup is almost 9 years. And until now any aircooler the industry has invented never reach the temps I get with my trusty 9 year old WC setup. Let alone survive that long.

19. law99

law99 Custom User Title

So are they assuming people who use and abuse computers don't know how to read a review on the internet?

20. feathers

feathers Minimodder

This "cooler" sums up why I detest air cooling.

Tags: Add Tags