1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis - An Ironman Videothrough (COMPLETE)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 12 Feb 2010.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

[​IMG]

What the hell? this again!?

Yeah well I couldnt finish the previous writeup thanks to my netbook dying and nuking everything past Paradise Lost. Oh well never mind, I still finished the run but I wanna do it again :lol:

Whats different?

The Warhead run seemed to go down well being in video format so I'll do this one as video as well. This time everything is h.264 as opposed to divx, The audio is damnsight clearer and I've managed to slap fraps into submission so everything should be silky smooth, the only downside is that everything is in 800x600 as thats the only real res you can play and fraps without too much of an FPS hit :/

Sounds shiny, so wtf is this "Ironman" thing?

A guy called Ben Abrahams did a Farcry2 "Permanent Death" Ironman and stuck it on the net. The concept is simple and awesome. Complete the game in one life, if you die you nuke the savegames and thats it, perma death.

So you're going to be a wuss and sit in cloak for hours on end?

Oh hell no!, I'm doing this **** on Delta, there is going to be no hud warnings, grenade markers, enemy threat assesments plus they're all going to speak Korean.

I know this game so well even Crytek themselves have told me I have a problem, Im going toshow you how to punch the crap out of Aliens, shoot helicopters out the sky with an underslung grenade launcher as well a kill a tank with 2 bullets! This is not just awesome, This is M&S AWESOME :rock:

Sounds awesome, will there be cake?

No cake, but there will be a dinosaur party at the end of it all

Sold!

WARNING! BIG FILES AHOY! 800mb > 1.6gig EACH
    Best I could do I'm afraid :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 19 Feb 2010
    Skill3d and Eggy like this.
  2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

02: Recovery up :rock:

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I saw the first one last night.. pretty good stuff- just 1g downloads! you know the spawns really well

learned some new tricks like the flare too- didn't even think to use that as a flashlight =]

5. MugenUK

MugenUK What's a Dremel?

Thanks for this mate :)

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

03: Relic and 04:Assault are up :rock:

7. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Did you put the suit in defensive? :)

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I put it in whatever mode is needed :lol: I'll try get around to doing Onslaught tonight, need some MAXIMUM COFFEE first

9. Panomama

Okay. Im running through on easy for fun, Im on the 2nd level, just after you destroy the tanks at the mo.

I only started it playing it again because of the natural mod i got.
    Its laggy with:
    AMD Athlon x2 6000+ O/C'd - 3.2GHZ
    9800GTX
    2gb DDR2 800mhz RAM O/C'd - 880 or something.

I can do Texture, water, partical ( 4 in total ) on Very High with 10 - 30 FPS without anti-antising.
    Wish i could get more ::sigh:

Nice Guide though :clap::clap:

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I have something that might be of use to you, whilst I've built my own config to suit my 3 88's I've come across this one built by HP (not the company). Install it as per the readme and you should get a noticable improvement.

So far I've just reached 07: CORE, levels 5 and 6 are being processed at the moment and should be up later on tonight. :clap:

11. theskirrid

theskirrid What's a Dremel?

Gunny, just to let you know your groovy piccy links are borked on IE8. but are fine in Firefox. The images aren't paired up and centred, but centred eight miles to the right in IE8 in a single row.

Oh, and top sniperage as usual :D I only just noticed that dropped weapons show up in the dark by tagging them with binocs too. Always something new to find in this awesome game.

12. Panomama

Ill have a look.

I hope it doesnt make the graphics bad because i like them sexy :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

EDIT: Also ive made a 700gb partition on my 1TB for FRAPS so hopefully i can use that without turning much down?

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

ah cheers, i'll arrange them in decending order for those poor sods still using IE :lol:

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

05: Onslaught uploaded.

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

06: Awakening uploaded, its a big one unfortionatly :/

some foul language at the end for any of you who are easily offended

now then, into the hardest level of the game....CORE, Will I make it or be lunch for the blue things? place your bets folks

Last edited: 15 Feb 2010
  16. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Sounds like you should play it on High instead. Also, another 2Gb of RAM would help a lot. :)

17. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Yeah, Very High doesn't look that much different from High IIRC.

As a slight aside, you've compelled me to try and actually finish this game after the save corrupted half way through my last attempt, so I've installed the Natural mod, but I was wondering if you had tried this mod. It claims to do much the same thing as the Natural mod, but some claim looks even better.

Oh, and that fight at the end of Awakening was one of the funniest things I've watched in quite some time :D

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

me getting angry being chased around by a guy with a minigun or me punching said man with a minigun in the face?

oh and i never use the config file from the natural mod, I've got my own which I've tailor made.

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Looks like I didnt get eaten afterall, 07: Core complete :)

hit the link if you want to hear a grown man screaming profanity :D

20. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Both :)

Just the general laid back approach you were taking followed quickly by the tirade of expletives as he started filling you with bullets, really :D

Ah cool, is that just to get the best performance from your tri-SLI setup or is it just your personal preference for how things look? Oh, and are you running any other mods like AI tweaks at all? I'm still deciding whether to do my run on Hard or Delta.