1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi For Honor

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Weekly_Estimate, 23 Oct 2015.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

This game looks absolutely amazing!

Last edited: 24 Jan 2017
  2. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Anyone else get into this round of Alphas?

I should be in on XB1 and PC :thumb:

3. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

I don't get it. Isn't this just Ubisoft ripping off Chivalry (even down to the synonymous title)?

4. Hex

No, it doesn't play like Chivalry at all and has a campaign story, not just PvP. It just has Knights (as well as Vikings and Samurai) and melee combat.

I guess there should be some updated videos in this thread as that teaser from last year isn't gameplay!

There is a playlist by Ubisoft with intros for all the warriors, they are pretty cool intros, but I didn't want to spam all the videos here.

Intro to the 3 Factions (unsure why Knight has an American accent)

The Vanguards and the Hybrids are my favourite classes as I like to do a bit of everything and hate feeling weak or slow. The PvP has a few modes:

• Dominion: Dominion is a four-versus-four multiplayer mode in which players must capture and hold multiple zones in a battlefield. Points are earned through occupying combat zones. When one team earns enough points, they must eliminate the players from the other team and win the match.
    • Brawl: In this two-versus-two multiplayer mode, a team must eliminate the entire opponent team completely in order to win.
    • Duel: Duel is a one-versus-one multiplayer mode in which a player must successfully kill its opponent in order to win.
    • Skirmish: Skirmish is a four-versus-four multiplayer mode in which players gain points while killing enemies. The team that scores the most within the time limit will win the match.
    • Elimination: A team of players must eliminate the entire team of opponent players in this four-versus-four multiplayer mode. The team that still has remaining warriors will automatically win the match.

I can't find much info on the single player campaign, but I vaguely remember the devs saying you choose one of the factions to play through it and encounter the warriors you see in PvP (quite typical for Ubisoft, they did a similar thing in AC). I imagine you can play through 3 times, once as each faction. I may have got that wrong though!

Last edited: 10 Mar 2017
  5. Hex

Closed beta date announced: 26th-29th of January 2017.

6. wiggles

wiggles Minimodder

Looks like a blatent hype job.

7. Hex

This is why you play alphas and betas. A free way to find out what the game is actually like :thumb:

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Just got my invite for the closed Beta starting the 26th on PS4

9. Weekly_Estimate

Edit = Been playing the closed Beta

So when i first started playing i got punished time and time again, until the game made me realise this isn’t some basic button mashing game. The damn ai in this game is difficult and forces you into taking your time in fights planning your moves, and counters.

1vs1 against other players is great fun, you’ll meet blockers, button spammers, attack and rollers, and have a blast.

2vs2 is also beautiful, having your partner killed then throwing both of the other players off the fighting platform is rather hilarious.

4vs4 with mobs is interesting, allot of people don’t seem to realise if you stand on your tower it gives a 2x boost to the main game stat basically meaning if their player hunting you can still be gaining as much if not more points than them.

Gear upgrades are an extra to game and i love the customization of the weapons and armor looks.

Graphics are brilliant in my eyes and the gameplay is fluid, i won’t comment on issues with the servers because… it’s a closed beta...

anyone wonna team up on pc?

Last edited: 26 Jan 2017
  10. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

As I understand it when you get into the Beta you get 3 extra invites?

If anyone happens to have one lying around.....:thumb:

11. Hex

In 2v2 I always try and do a finishing move on 'my' guy so they can't get revived :thumb: I also usually start by running over to my teammate so we all fight together.

People also don't realise how easy it is to level up with the minion kills either! After grabbing A or C, I'll head off to B and start a slaughterfest on the little guys to get some of my abilities. Peacekeeper's poison arrows can be handy to help out a teammate from a distance :)

12. Weekly_Estimate

Unfortunately i used the scars website to guarantee access which doesn't come with the friend invites :( i posted it on facebook, on reddit, everywhere but forgot about this thread argh! :duh:

Yeah i noticed that! just stand slaughtering mobs for awhile and levels go insane however when you do a multi-kill does it count as 1 mob or the amount you kill? the text overlay is confusing haha you'd think if you killed 4 mobs by using a power attack it would show 4 +1 above their heads but instead it just shows 1 +1 lol

Last edited: 27 Jan 2017
  13. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I think I can invite friends from my uplay list but this would be on PS4 only as that was the platform I was invited on. If any good let me know

UPLAY: DIR7Y-H4RRY

14. Hex

I can invite someone on Xbox if they want to get in for the last day. I had to make a new Uplay account to play on PC too. I hate how they limit FH to one platform, they never usually do it that way :(

15. Weekly_Estimate

So someone from ubi releases the top players table on reddit and one guy had 200 matches and a 100% win rate… then you have all these high 97% guys coming on taking credit when in reality the table is a load of crap because it doesn’t take “disconnects” into consideration in which is happening in every other damn game now. It’s like they’ve just confirmed disconnecting is fine.

Absolute crap

16. Hex

Did it get removed? I did a brief google and couldn't find it anywhere.

17. Weekly_Estimate

Yeah they removed it however they've put this up now
    [​IMG]

"Please note that in this leaderboard, Quits are counted as Losses"

18. Hex

Looks like the Open Beta dates are Feb 9th (Thurs) to 12th (Sat).

If you've pre-ordered and haven't played it, PLAY THE OPEN BETA, no excuses. Don't EVER pre-order without really looking into a game and playing any alphas/betas you can. Pre-ordering games is dangerous business, be prepared :thumb:

hyperion likes this.
  19. Hex

There's a stream event on now with some big streamers and celebs.

https://www.twitch.tv/forhonorgame

Also don't forget you can preload the open beta now for the weekend on Uplay, Steam, XB1 and PS4!

20. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Thanks for sharing the link - don't think I've ever been on a Twitch stream with so many live viewers before :lol:

I didn't even realise that I got a free For Honor UPlay game key with my X99 motherboard, so I'll definitely be trying this out when I get a chance.