1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus Tinker Board SBC UK retailers

Discussion in 'Asus UK' started by Andy Mc, 13 Feb 2017.

1. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

Just wondering if anyone knows of any UK retailers for the ASUS tinker Board SBC?

CPC were selling it but they are now discontinued for some reason, maybe due to the fact that never had any instock.

I'm looking to grab one soon but do not know of any other retailers selling them.

Thanks.

2. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

I would suggest staying away from it till ASUS sort out the documentation/support or discontinues it for good.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yeah, CPC's pulled it 'cos the software stinks. They definitely had stock - triple figures initially, I think - but got burned badly when people bought 'em and Asus hadn't actually released any software for it(!) so won't be relisting them until Asus gets its act together.

Like Xlog says, you can buy 'em from Currys PC World still - but I really wouldn't. There's a review waiting in the wings 'ere - I submitted it late last month, so I'm sure it's due for publication any day now - so at least wait for that before dropping your hard-earned.

4. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

According to Hackaday the board is not officially launched yet. Should be end of Feb. Looks like I'll have to hang in there then. Thanks for the replies.

5. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

So I finally picked one of these up. The idea is great, but there is still no community or info.

Could someone from Asus give an indication as to when this might change?

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Can't say I didn't warn you.

7. Will_ASUSUK

Will_ASUSUK What's a Dremel?

Apologies you are having issues Andy. There were some issues communicating the launch between the US and HQ. We have now received media samples and are working with modders and the community to push development. Unfortunately this can take a bit of time and we apologise for this.

Most of the latest information and assistance can be found here: https://www.asus.com/uk/Single-Board-Computer/Tinker-Board/

If you have any issues, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Bill @ ROG UK
    Hotline: 01442-265548 9am - 5pm
    Email: http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx