1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Parvum Systems Project Magnus - 19th April - i51 LAN

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by imersa, 19 Sep 2013.

?

Which coolant for Magnus?

1. Clear : Clear

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. Pastel White : Oil Black

34 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Translucent Red : Clear

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  1. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Project:
    Magnus
    by: Parvum Systems

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sponsors/Support:
    [​IMG]

Hello ladies and gentleman. It's that time!

We are back! A very exciting time indeed! We have been working hard in the warehouse trying to get on top of stock and orders for Parvum cases! However in our evenings and our own spare time we have done our very best to work on a new project.

A quick word about the sponsors. As with all of these builds they are not the most traditional where you simply do a build and get sponsor stuff in exchange for finishing the build. All parts that we have been lucky to get for this build are 90% trade items. So to say... you scratch my back I'll scratch yours. We have done custom case work for pretty much all of the companies who have supported this project and intend to do much more.

This project will be the first ever full size Parvum Systems case. It will feature a full size ATX board and multiple GPUs. Please understand the purpose of this is to also act as a working prototype.
    This won't be the end user 'retail' tower but a lot of the techniques we use and features seen here will be in the final product. Also understand any feedback, criticism & ideas received here will be taken on board. The whole point is to make our cases as perfect as we can!

A little break down of what we already know for the build; Understand it is overkill. This is the one time we are going to go crazy... all the hardware, all the watercooling.. a really powerful build:

• 5 X 240mm Radiators
    • 1 x 360mm Radiators
    • 18 x 120mm Fans
    • 1 x Haswell CPU
    • 1 X 4 Way SLI Motherboard
    • 4 X GPUs
    • 3 X D5 Pumps
    • 8 X SSD
    • 3 X 3TB Storage drives
    • 1 X SATA 3 Raid card

Our personal building style doesn't really favor much from rendering, if we do use them its more to ensure we've not screwed up with a length of a panel or a screw hole here or there. So I do have a render but this is a lose idea of the build. Something for you to see to give you an idea.
    We never sketchup the hardware or the loop. These things come to us when the builds actually in front of us.

The one thing that is a certainty is the almost 500mm of clear acrylic tubing that will be mounted into the front panel system of the case. Should be a nice little feature!

Here are a couple of quick renders to give you an idea of the over all look/feel:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To give you an idea of our previous work. See two photos; Project ITX & Onwards and upwards. mATX for the bigger case, ITX for the smaller. This should give you a good idea of our overall build style and give you an idea of what to expect but on a much larger scale:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Over the last couple of months we have been tweaking the design. Finally we are happy to a stage where some can be cut:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So before I show you the initial panels... we have been very lucky here at Parvum Systems. I suppose a combination of dedication & support from all you guys has led to this! On the 17th of this month we had an extremely awesome CNC system installed. We had a couple of days training as standard with the machine and got on really well with the technician. Was a great couple of days and we pretty much got straight to optimizing Parvum case cutting. Even made a new friend ;)!

Here are a couple of shots of the installation and cutting of the first panels for this case:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So to show you a little bit of the cutting for today. The first BIG mid wall! Was fun to bend it, had to make a slightly bigger jig. Pretty standard here just more standoffs and more size!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We changed the 24pin & 8pin EPS to small drilled holes for neater cable management. We also changed the hole placement for things like Sata cables to be 50% under the motherboard. Again to keep it all nice and tidy. We actually used a photo template of the board to ensure everything is in the exact place before the we physically had the motherboard:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Basically just wanted to just get this project log up and online. We have actually cut 75% of the panels so we will assemble after work tonight or tomorrow and get the initial assembly photos online in the next update! We will start to filter in some of the parts & hardware provided by our sponsors and show you some more of the plans ASAP.

Thanks again everyone. Hope this one will be a great project for us to enjoy together! As always if you have any questions... want to know a little more about something or what something is just ask.

Justin, Shaun..

Parvum Systems!

Last edited: 19 Apr 2014
  2. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

[​IMG]

Can't wait to see where this one heads!

3. Concept73

Concept73 Wannabe modder.

The ATx case dosent do it for me, but that CNC though! :O

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

[​IMG]

Oh yes.

5. skyrip

skyrip What's a Dremel?

that is some awesome machine, would like to know some more specs :)

6. kier

kier -----------------

You know i want this....both. CNC and Parvum ATX

Love it mate!!!

7. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

Wow, renders look great! can't wait to watch this progress. Good work Parvum lads, huge fan!

J.

8. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I am very interest!

9. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

The CNC has arrived I've been meaning to pop but now i have an excuse!!

I want a case like that how much will it cost :jawdrop::jawdrop::wallbash:

10. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Win!
    Like the ATX very much!

11. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Thanks for reading and the nice comments so soon! I know there isn't really much of the build to see here. Just a shameless post of some awesome CNC!

I imagine you mean the CNC specs not the to be rig spec?

Totally, just drop me a text and come down any day. Are you driving or just public transport at the moment?

For you mate we can work something out of course!

12. skyrip

skyrip What's a Dremel?

yeah realy curious about it, looks realy sturdy, saw it had a sprocket transmission for the x-axis, a vid of the machine in action would probably be appreciated by everyone here. :)

13. flame696

Still using public transport :wallbash:

14. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Where in London?

South?

Im going down soon if you want to scrounge a lift.

15. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

• 2159mm x 3048mm processing area
    • X, Y – Rack and Pinion Z – Ballscrew - Direct drive servo motors on all axes
    • 7 Segment motion profile
    • FPGA processor for high speed complex calculations
    • Dedicated true NC control – G and M codes
    • Network connection
    • 4 Gb onboard memory
    • 24,000rpm HSD Spindle

7 Tool Automatic Tool Changer system provides an easy and convenient method of running jobs requiring multiple routing tools. Combined with an HSD Quick release spindle, and using a seven position automatic carousel, the ATC system is the fastest method of changing tools on a regular basis.

Standard with an integrated tool tip sensor and a high capacity chip extraction foot, the ATC delivers a dramatic improvement in throughput capacity when processing multiple tool operations.

Will post a video really soon, may be nice for people to see some of the features. Any questions just ask!

It's a 15 min drive from the station so you'll have to spend the full day with us and grab a lift!

16. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

oh god! double trouble! sounds like a plan :D

17. flame696

Sorry mate ill pm B NEGATIVE this is your project log so dont want to mess the thread up

Great work cant wait for updates

Last edited: 19 Sep 2013
  18. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Finally a Parvum full ATX build.
    I kinda hoped it would be an over the top E-ATX tower will loads of space for watercooling. But the render of this looks very promissing.

19. OcSurfe

OcSurfe Uber Noob

Great stuff justin,

You know how long i have been waiting for this moment!

20. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

Bring it I say!

EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! written all over it!

J, just give us the dimensions of that new case man! At "least" for word sake!

I'll grab me recliner and sit back, make us drool once again man!

(Oh, those exclamation marks, though its probably justified. :D)