1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Tony Hawk's Project 8 is revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 4 May 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Rd52

Rd52 Minimodder

wow i love those games ive had all of them beginning with the 1st one on my N64, but since THUG the games haves sucked 3 and 4 were the best IMO

3. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

Each time a new one comes out, it just adds different locations, and one new skill set, from memory.

cant remember the order, but it was like, in one, you could manaul, then you could get off your board, in underground, you can have slowmotion "focus".

I think it needs something more defining than just new locations, and 2 or 3 new tricks to warrant the cash.

4. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

tony hawks 2 was the ultimate without dispute, and the first one was pretty sick too...

and it looks like they have made the skating movements a bit more realistic, not sure if the skaters will have differen't styles, as the guys looks definatly mathed his skating style. BIIIGG ollie then jumping foward to the curb, the guy appears to be a n00b

edit: love the way it's done though.

alot more realistic ( except the infamous 10 meter nose grind on a curb from about 2 little pushes )

5. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Good graphics!
    PC controllers need to become more mainstream and better supported imo. When you think "gaming on a pc", you think Mouse and Keyboard not gamepads, which is what this needs tbh.

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Oh great another one, this game got old after TH2. It's almost as bad as EA's various sport's titles like FIFA *insert year here*

7. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

1st one was good, 3rd was good, 4 was ok, and the rest suck.

8. toyomatt84

toyomatt84 What's a Dremel?

Well, I'm anxious to see if this one will hold more realism than the Underground Series, as well as American Wasteland. Pretty much, once 3 came out, the realism went downhill at quite a fast pace. Even though they added a huge bag of tricks, they took away the logicality of jump height and practicality of Rodney Mullen style tricks (flatland tricks). Kind of sad, really.

Based on graphics alone, the game looks promising. I guess it'll be something I'll have to try.

9. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Haven't played any since 3, i think, except for about an hour playing that one where you can shoot fireballs - now that's fun! Although it added more "realism" i think the genre lost it when you could revert and combos became nearly infinite. It took the game to the point where you simply couldn't play casually because someone that played regularly wouldn't just beat you, they'd absolutely trounce you. New one does look good though.

10. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

whoooaaa, now that does look good, cant wait for that.

Tags: Add Tags