1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News David Braben's Frontier goes public for £4M in cash

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 10 Jul 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Something I worked out after writing the article: Braben currently owns 69% of the company. Assuming the 10.15% (£4 million of a £39.4 million market cap) in public shares is coming out of everyone's allowance equally - which it may not, it's entirely up to the company who gets their shares converted - that will reduce to 62%. If Frontier Developments (Symbol: FDEV) reaches its £39.4 million target market cap, that'll mean Braben's personal share of the company is worth £24.43 million.

Nice.

4. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

I've engaged in the kickstarter for the new Elite game, however, for a company the employs 226 people, they've remained relatively low key yet appear to of accumulated a ton of money.

I'd say that this is a good move from someone wanting to get out of the business of running businesses and maybe this Elite release will see Mr Braben achieve all he wanted, exorcising the ghosts of the past before retiring a happy man?

I wish him well, he is already a legend and I sincerely hope the game is as good as (or better than) I hope.

5. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

I'd say it's about time he got his arse in gear and released something. He's had people backing him for ages without so much as even a hint of an alpha; he completely screwed up making the outsider, which nobody even wanted when he really should be been working on the new elite. Myself and a lot of fans of the elite games, who I know personally, are starting to get tired of Braben...

Last edited: 11 Jul 2013
  6. Jimbob

Jimbob Minimodder

So he is worth millions but still relies on kickstarter? Hmm not confident of the new elite then braben?

7. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Wish to hell peeps stop throwing thier cash where it don't need to go
    It's happening so often on kickstarter now they should stop it