1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Flash video playback

Discussion in 'Software' started by redders, 16 Jan 2013.

1. redders

redders What's a Dremel?

Hi there,

A couple of years ago I built myself a little media PC to sit under my TV.

One thing that's bugging me is that I've never been completely happy with the video playback, particularly flash video.

Relevant specs:

Intel Core i3 530 w/ 4mb cache
    OCZ Gold 2gb RAM @1333mhz
    Gigabyte H55N USB3 motherboard

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium x64, with Chrome (auto-updating).

As you can see I'm relying on the intel built in graphics, but with the processor I expected it to be okay to handle HD video, and playback is smooth from my blu-ray drive. I believe I have the latest drivers.

However, when watching (for example) bbc iPlayer, particularly when the camera pans, it's quite easy to see there's a small stutter.

Is there anything I can change, without upgrading the CPU or adding a graphics card, that might improve this performance?

What is the best/most efficient software for playing flash video (iPlayer/4od etc.)

Thanks,
    ~redders

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

First you need to confirm that it's not the video that is poorly encoded. Try several youtube video. If they all have that problem, than try try and disable hardware acceleration on Flash.
    (right-click on the video -> Settings -> uncheck: enable hardware acceleration). You might need to refresh the page to see it apply.