1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASUS acquires 40% Share of Gaming Monitor Market + PG348Q Pre-Order

Discussion in 'Asus UK' started by Ryan@ASUS, 25 Jan 2016.

1. Ryan@ASUS

Ryan@ASUS What's a Dremel? Moderator

A recent report by Digitimes reveals that ASUS now commands a 40% share of the worldwide high-end gaming PC monitor market, driven by flagship models such as the ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q G-Sync gaming monitor.

In related news the ASUS ROG PG348Q 100Hz IPS G-Sync panel, with a 3440x1440 resolution, is now available to pre-order from major UK retailers including Scan and Overclockers UK.

[​IMG]

Asustek acquires 40% share in gaming monitor market; seeing increasing competition

Monica Chen, Taipei; Joseph Tsai, DIGITIMES [Tuesday 15 December 2015]

Asustek Computer has taken a 40% share of the worldwide high-end gaming PC monitor market and significantly expanded its profitability, but the success has attracted competitors such as Acer, BenQ and ViewSonic to follow suit and launch gaming monitors, according to sources from the upstream supply chain.

The sources estimate that worldwide gaming monitor shipments will reach at least 800,000 units in 2015 with Asustek accounting for 40% of the volume thanks to strong sales in Europe, North American and Taiwan.​

Asustek was one of the earliest gaming monitor brand vendors in the industry and the market had not attracted much attention in the past due to its limited scale. However, many players are now looking to enter the market as the business is growing popular.

BenQ has launched several products including monitors, keyboards, mice and headsets under its gaming brand Zowie. Acer has also released 24- and 27-inch gaming monitors under its Predator series.​

Asustek's monitor shipments are estimated to grow 30% on year in 2015 and will continue seeing growth in 2016 with gaming models accounting for 10-15% of the volume. Asustek is planning to release a high-end 34-inch gaming monitor in January 2016, priced at US$1,000.

Source: Digitimes

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Awesome! I know that team worked damn hard on all the PGs since the original VG248 mod with Nvidia and subsequent MGs as well. Their ID is still the best imo. Actually a bit gutted I bought the PA328 rather than waited for PG34.

3. Ryan@ASUS

PA328Q to PG348Q, bit of a random jump! One's a 4K display aimed at photographers the other an ultrawide QHD display for gamers :D

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

9 months ago I wanted a large 4K display and it was the only option since PBs had not launched. I thought I'd be doing more graphical work but seems I play more games than work :p Ahh such is life.

5. Ryan@ASUS

Sounds like I'm in the wrong profession....then I found that statement ironic given, after a bit of snooping, you also used to work for ASUS in marketing...and write for bit-tech!

Hope the MediaTek job is treating you well :) by the sounds of all the games you play, it is ;)

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

In HQ you get a few hundred quid discount to use on stuff a year, so I spent it on a PA just before I left. :D Couldn't wait for the new PGs :'(

I went bit-tech-Dennis Pub for a half dozen years, then ASUS for 4 years in OP and what was SYS2. I used to work closely with the LCD team to launch their first gen gaming stuff. MTK is good! Hope you're enjoying ACUK.