1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA denies Origin hack

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 15 Nov 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

come on EA, just give up with it!

3. RaisorX

RaisorX What's a Dremel?

I don't know about EA. They don't seem to be that serious about securing data. When i forget my password, they send the password back to me in plain text.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6317/22636415.jpg

Not too long ago after BF3 was released, someone had access to my origin account. Origin popped up a message saying that someone had logged into my account, and went in offline mode. While still being in battlelog, it said i just finished a round in less than a minute, while i haven't played for a whole day. I contacted the support, but the only thing they offered was if i want them to reset the password.

4. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

Had this happen to me, saw emails in my inbox that my username and password had been changed but no email asking me for any kind of confirmation, nor any sent from me to EA. It was a pain in the ass to resolve and required me to phone EA in Denmark who asked for my cd key in pictures as proof of purchase. Luckily I had the key and the account was restored to me before the hacker could do to much damage. He had erased my friends list and favourite server list in BF3 though and that took some time to restore.

Funniest thing was that when I logged into the battlelog the hacker was still logged in as well, so me and hacker were chatting on battlelog both on my account. He was russian and wrote trololol on my "wall". Funny and annoying at the same time.

5. hrp8600

hrp8600 What's a Dremel?

Oh yea they been hacked as the hackers are bypassing the email confirmation part of Origins security.
    and if you go through Origins online help/ support it can take 2 weeks to sort things.
    I asked all sort of questions when my account got hacked a few weeks ago, but got no answers to my questions.

As ScOrian said come on EA give it up and come clean.

6. unafraid

unafraid What's a Dremel?

Just Happened to me it took a whole week to sort out and EA help is stupid you need access to your account in order to get help i.e. the one you can't access and need help over. I got asked to provide all sorts of ridiculous information like a picture of the proof of purchase, a picture of the case, a picture of the code. It goes throuigh some stupid centre in India who don't seem to have a clue. In the end contacted EA in Denmark to get it sorted.

7. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Just do this:
    phone up with your details ready:
    Serial Key for game registered on account, if you bought something in origin your order number and card details ready. They will try to verify you are account holder. if you pass then they reset account without much fuss. (been through it, was not bad service)

8. hrp8600

hrp8600 What's a Dremel?

MSHunter, next time try it without a phone .
    online sevice is very very poor.

instead of being happy you got good service on phone, ask your self how come
    you lost yuo account in the first place , do a quick search
    then ask yourself how come EA are having such a big problem with hacked accounts ?

9. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

Serial Key for game registered on account

most of my games are online payed for not sure how that would help me recover my account if it was stolen

my ip for the most part is static unless I change the router but I norm just put my old mac address back in so I keep my old ip, could use that to verify my account or card details

guessing poor reset info is why email can be changed

10. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

oi with the lame blackberry popup ad on an mobile device

11. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

From the Corporate Handbook of Public Relations:

[​IMG]

Tags: Add Tags