1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Laptop audio through HDMI and headphone socket simultaneously?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gunnzie, 14 Aug 2013.

1. Gunnzie

Gunnzie What's a Dremel?

Is it possible for the audio on my laptop to come out of hdmi and the headphone socket at the same time? I only seem to be able to do one or the other.

I only really want this when watching videos in VLC if that makes any difference.

2. ashchap

ashchap Minimodder

Very unlikely I'm afraid as they are two separate sound devices in windows. Some sound card drivers let you assign the same output to multiple sockets (e.g. re-purpose the line in as a duplicate output), but the HDMI output is generated by the graphics card driver and windows will only send an audio stream to one device (driver).

There may be some complicated way of doing it in software but I've never managed to find a way when I have looked before.

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

4. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Virtual Audio Cable.

I use this for streaming/youtube recording too, so i can have my Teamspeak, Game and Mic all on seperate channels.

Does the job wonderfully well.

Make sure to try the "Demo" out first - it plays a message every few seconds but it gets the point accross accurately.

5. Gunnzie

Gunnzie What's a Dremel?

Thanks. No free option then?

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

@Gunnzie: Stereo Mix if your audio drivers got it, see 3rd page on the link i posted.