1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair Carbide Air 540 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 19 Jun 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

10 geek points to Anthony for mentioning the YY cube in the very first line!

3. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

4. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Man this is uber tempting. It reminds me of a cube chassis I had back in 2000.

Love the design, and how you can separate the components..

If I didn't have what I do I would be all over this like a rash.

5. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I'm so getting one of these :D Changing my whole setup to have one on my desk :D :D :D

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I was seriously tempted by this last night, but decided against because of the limited watercooling options compared to my current case and the 900D which I am still looking at buying.

If I was air cooling everything though then this would be on the top of the list instantly.

7. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I always wanted a YY cube but never managed to, but this looks like the case that I've been waiting for (I could do with more 3.5" bays but as I haven't got any optical drives I could re purpose those).

Currently my entire comp is sat bare on a shelf using an M6 bolt as the power 'switch' so I think one of these will be purchased come payday !

8. ev1lm1nd666

ev1lm1nd666 What's a Dremel?

Anyone else think the case would look rather nice if there were feet on the right hand side of the case so you could lay it on it's side with the window facing up (http://img.hexus.net/v2/chassis/Corsair/540/Air540-03b.jpg)?

Would be very tempted by this case either way but may have to mod it to allow all my hdd's

9. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

The only (and I really mean only) thing that bothers me is why is there not a grommet in the bottom most hole in the case (by the HDD hot swap bays)...

10. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

Dead link dude.

Very tempting, however my next case will be mod of another case, so I have no need to get this one. I will certainly recommend it to someone who is in the market however. I bought a 200R on behalf of my brother, and it was one of the easiest cases I have ever built a system into, great bang for buck and I expect this to be no different.

11. MasterP

MasterP What's a Dremel?

FINALLY! I've been waiting for a good cube case for years (I own a YY one)
    Now I get to have one that won't require quite as much modding :)

12. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

MMM do I sell my cosmos II and go small. Now rattling my brains.

Vowed not to sucked into these smaller cases but now thinking twice about it.

13. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

(takes a bow). Had to be said, but I really like this one too :D

14. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

Case needs at least one 3.5" hard drive cage and also active cooling on the psu side for the hard drives - much like is seen on the MM UFO's.

Mesh also at the bottom of the case, leaving it open like that looks a bit unfinished. (Also, a cover is required should the user not wish to use that area. A simple metallic plate would suffice).

Oh, it also needs to be made in a white version.

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Looks an excellent case if I weren't a scratch builder I think this would be the one, nice layout.

16. Asouter

Asouter --------

Yup I agree Wayne, I like this case a lot, A splash of colour wouldn't go amiss though

17. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

FTFY

I agree, some nice knurled aluminium feet on the right hand side and covering up the holes under the 3.5" drive mounts (make the bottom the same as the roof panel?) would allow you to use it on it's side with the window facing up toward you, something different for a change.

[​IMG]

18. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Sounds like you want a Cooler Master HAF XB with the top window panel - probably why Corsair stuck with the design instead of copying them.

http://www.coolermaster.co.uk/product.php?product_id=6866

19. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

True but the Corsair looks loads better, has a smaller footprint and will be better quality.

20. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

According to George at Corsair (Global Product Manager), they did consider an option for horizontal orientation...

Source: http://www.overclock.net/t/1397204/...de-panels-equally-important/410#post_20226444

Tags: Add Tags