1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News E3: Nintendo reveals Wii U controllers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 Jun 2012.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

The link to the 'unusual developers' points to a pasword-protected part of the website...

Fix it, I'm curious!

3. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

All the links do!

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Nothing to see here...

(Fixed)

5. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

well that solves that mystery, if the ps3 and 360 controller had an illegitimate child.

6. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Looks like they are officially bringing back the start and select buttons. They still have + and - symbols though.

They should have just done the full rip-off though and put the right analog stick where the face buttons are and vice/versa. So used to using the 360 and PS3 setup where the buttons are above the analog stick.

7. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

They also updated the WiiU controller:
    -> 2 analogue sticks, instead of the thumbsticks
    -> Clickable analogue sticks
    -> Better location of buttons
    -> It LOOKS LIKE (from the video) that they implement a capacitive touch screen, instead of the "press to do contact" type of screen.. but not too sure about it.
    -> Added a NFC reader
    -> Can be used as your TV remote.

[​IMG]

8. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I for one really can't stand the Bumper + Trigger buttons up top. I wish they just had two buttons and no Triggers at all. No, I'm sorry, I don't get the feeling of firing a gun when I pull them. As for people who want to be able to adjust things with pressure, I liked how the old Gamecube controllers had two clicks to the shoulder buttons. You knew exactly when you were gonna have to press harder to break into the second click of the button. Those things also were built like WW2 Panzer tanks.

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Somewhat strange design they've gone with. Moving both joysticks to be above their respective button cluster is an odd move, I have to wonder if they did it just to be different. Whatever the reason, I'm very wary of it. It's going against a lot of gaming instinct to move your right thumb down to press buttons rathern than up.

And the worst part is that many games use the bumper anyway, even to shoot. R1's history as "Fire" is just too lengthy.

The one thing I've found triggers to be really good for is driving games for gas and brakes since it's easy to get different inputs than with a button, but fans will often buy wheels and pedals anyway so it's not really a good reason to change the whole controller.

10. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

The layout of this controller, is the same as the Wii U tablet one.
    Reporters said it was easy to use, and comfortable.

11. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

An eye for an eye I guess, MS basically ripped off some of the functionality of the GamePad so they rip off the 360 design. Oh well.

Tags: Add Tags