1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA gives SimCity 2000 Special Edition away for free

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 10 Dec 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

It's Dead Space for free over in France just now, pity I already have it :(

3. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

I wasted many an hour on this back in the day! What a game! What were the cheat codes again?

4. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Will have to grab this when I get home :)

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

I'm guessing what makes this "Special Edition" is the fact that it should run on Windows 8 without the need of patching or compatibility mode?

This was a pretty cool game for it's time, I had a lot of fun with it. I wish I had the game "Streets of Simcity" though - I always thought it was such a cool idea how you could drive around in the cities you made.

6. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Definitely going to be getting this. I played the heck out of the SNES version.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Read the article: your guess is wrong.

8. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Off the top of my head I think the special edition included an editor for structures and things. I'm sure there was more but I haven't played it in years. Heck I still have it on disc and was considering playing it not too long ago. I didn't, but was considering it. The only thing I didn't like about this game is how your power plants needed to be replaced every 50 years.

ed: Just looked it up. It has the editor (Urban Renewal Kit) and all expansions included. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SimCity_2000#SimCity_2000_Special_Edition

Last edited: 10 Dec 2014