1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink Cigar Smokers of BT Sound off!

Discussion in 'General' started by Elton, 23 Oct 2014.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Figured no one has done this yet. So let's talk rolled tobacco!

2. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Back in the days, my pop was bringing Cohibas back from Cuba :D I have a liking for Sieglo No5, not too long to smoke and not too small either.

3. Xir

Xir Modder

Should I call myself a smoker, and a regular one at that if my record states 1-2 cigars a year?

4. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Ditto...!

I'm pretty vanilla in choice, tend to smoke Cohibas over anything else. The occasional Partagas and Hoyo de Monterrey. Not a fan of Romeo y Julietta though.

5. Elton

I mainly smoke Por Larranaga. At most maybe once or twice a week. Partagas and Hoyos are staples.

I can't justify Cohibas though, they're...rather expensive for what you get and if you're getting them young they need too much age sadly.

But then again, I'm too busy to smoke mah humidor.

6. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Romeo y julieta is where I stand - never tried a cohiba though but might have to buy a couple of cigars this weekend and take them up to norfolk when I go next week to visit the family, me and the old man set the world to rights over a smoke and a drink (or three)

7. Elton

The only RyJ cuban I ever liked was the Churchills.

Cohibas aren't too bad, but I stick to Por Larranaga. Or some montecristos.

8. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

RyJ Corona's for me normally - but they are pricy.

Have had other cheaper brands and had montecristos as well in the past - been ages since i've had a good cigar.

DAMN YOU I WANT A CIGAR NOW :wallbash:

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I don't smoke, but I love the smell and paraphernalia of cigars and pipes (whereas cigarettes: yuk). Needs the company of a good spirit though.

10. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

ive always enjoyed the occasional slim hamlet cigar, they are the only cigar i have ever tried.

I'm interested in trying a decent cigar but don't know where to start, any tips on what would be good to try and any decent online shops to order from?

11. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

A hamlet has nothing on a Cuban cigar. You could have a look at tomtom.co.uk if you want to get an idea of the different brands, prices, and accessories. If you're anywhere near London you could always drop into their shop for a chat and advice.

The Trinidad Robusto Extra is one of my all time favourites, but my usual go-to is the RyJ Petit Julietta, a nice light smoke that only takes 15-20 minutes.

12. Elton

I never got a chance to have Trinidad Robusto Extras. Mainly because they got axed recently.

My normal go to smoke is still a Por Larranaga Petite Corona. Truth be told, my cigar humidor is massive... So there's a problem.

If you're willing to spend a bit of coin, the JJ Fox Store is great to get a hold of rarer Region Editions or Edition Limitadas. But beware, it's *very* expensive.

13. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

JJ Fox is good and, as much as I disagree with the concept, the Davidoff shop on the corner of St James and Jermyn Street is actually quite good.

However, if you have the opportunity, there is a place called 'Casa' on Wardour Street that is a cigar sampling room. It has my fullest recommendation!

I still have one Trinidad Robusto Extra in my humidor... I'm saving that for something! Not entirely sure to be honest... Maybe winning the lottery?

14. silk186

silk186 Derp

I've neglected my humidor this year. I ran out Boveda Humidity Packs and a sponge doesn't cut it. I've been looking at refillable bead systems but but ebay and amazon seem to all ship from the US which I don't want to pay for (have a baby and not finished my degree yet). I may empty my humidor and move to a tupperdor, and tomtom.co.uk is a lot cheaper than amazon for Boveda Humidity Packs.

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

When i have them im typically too drunk to remember what it was I had.

Otherwise, its the £20 jobbies they sell in Dunhill on St. James's Street, when ive gone in with clients and sat in the smoking room.