1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant FaceF**K

Discussion in 'General' started by MrJay, 15 May 2011.

1. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Just deactivated my Facebook account.

Feels good man.

Was getting pissed off with the trivial bollocks people where spouting...

2. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

lol. you can remove them from your news stream. I have had to do a few.

3. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

Yep been thinking about it too, when family would rather have a dig on FB rather thank talk to you face to face its time to say goodbye.
    Causes more problems than it solves and appears to be mostly populated by attention whores.

4. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

Closing my datafarming Failbook account was as one of the most enjoyable experiences of recent years.

I love it when people are utterly puzzled about why they can't find me. :) Anyone wanting to get in contact can Email me or call me or shock horror, knock on my door and say "hello".

5. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

I deactivated my account a while back i realized that people were putting everything on there account from what they are eating to what happene3d when they went to the loo. I thought that was the last straw. Its the biggest pile of crap i had ever used.

6. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I want to scrap mine, feels like cutting an arm off though, thats sad I know

7. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

It's Bebo MkII. Facebook used to be quite civilised, mainly because it was mostly populated by adults (over 25 at least) getting in touch with old school friends and distant family. I was only when Bebo went down the tubes that all the kids and idiots started to migrate and mess everything up.

Although I use Facebook, I hate how it's become a part of popular culture so much. You hear about Facebook everywhere from song lyrics to movies. There's also the problem that if you decide to remove a friend or family member from your list, usually due to excessive and pointless status updates, stupid photo comments/tags or infuriating game invites, you are made to feel as though you are disowning that person in real life.

I mean, how stupid can people possibly be? If you talk to a person on a near daily basis, then why does it matter if they're not a friend on friggin' Facebook?

8. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

QQ

9. MrJay

\agreed

I realized all of my friends/family that i wanted to stay in contact with used phone text or email.

Also just broke up with my girlfriend so couldn't face the ensuing "Jay is now single" BS and people pretending to care and ask if i was ok.

If i want to talk to someone, ill go find them...I think too much is lost in translation, Facebook is a poor substitute for a lazy Sunday afternoon with friends down the pub.

10. benjjamin

benjjamin needs MORE POWER!

Hit the nail on the head there, iv had a few arguments with friends and family because i got rid of them on my friends list due to the fact of all the bitching and stupid things they keep sending me, try to explain to them im still friends with them, but they seem to think because your not facebook friends then your not real friends. :eyebrow:

11. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I closed my account a few years ago after being pestered to open one.....closed it about a month later after I realised how useless it was and getting too many unsolicited friend requests from people I didn't particularly want to talk to again.....ever.

12. MrJay

I really don't understand why people need to share every detail of their private life.

The final straw was my ex's cousin who is trying for another child her and her partner not having a job or place to live...Bitching that she didn't get the council house she wanted...I have to put up with her almost hourly statuses about how shes just spent the whole ****ing day shopping and spending £400 on a pram for her new sprog.

13. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

What escapes me is that when I hear other people arguing at my school, they don't say "I don't want to be your friend anymore." What they say is "I'm taking you off my facebook friends list."
    :sigh:
    My sister lives her life through Facebook, anything I tell her is met with a "shut up" or "I don't care" before I even finish. About 99% of people in my school are constantly on and I'll always live in the knowledge that I made one good decision not to join in the first place.

14. benjjamin

And also with all this "poke" malarkey every time i go on iv got loads of poke's from different people, but the thing is if i went to work and just randomly poke people after a bit id probably get punched in the face.lol

talladega likes this.
  15. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I had my fake johnathan ross account deleted, it was an extension of my body.

16. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

My family and friends are fairly spread out all over the world, so I use it predominantly for keeping in touch and sharing the odd picture. People who post inane comments several times a day (like several house-mates) are just blocked from my news feed. To be honest, I use it as another communication tool, like email or text. Due to shitty mobile reception around here, there have been numerous times that I can't reach someone by phone, but they are logged in on fb.

17. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

I have to say that I have never really seen the pointless statuses that people always complain about, apart from the occasional spam from people clicking links it's never that bad. Generally I just find its a good way contacting people and for organising stuff.

18. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

So if you delete your facebook account, does that equal to suicide?

19. benjjamin

:hehe:, to some people yes.

20. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Event managing is the only reason I still have facebook. It's superb for creating events for a lot of people.