1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Is a site like this genuine

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by CrapBag, 29 Nov 2015.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Is this site genuine, G2PLAY?

Some of the prices seem ridiculously cheap, if it is genuine how do they manage to sell the keys so cheaply?

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Grey market keys bought from other countries, such as Russia, where the prices are minuscule in comparison to the RRP in continental Europe. Buy them in bulk and they're even cheaper.

Most of the time they're completely legitimate, but can run into issues for invalid keys and region locking as well.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

Kinguin links all the sites together for easier purchase.

http://www.kinguin.net/category/17424/lego-jurassic-world-steam-cd-key/

I have brought plenty from there and never had a issue. You can buy protection from them for like £0.40 on each purchase and they will give you a new key if one is ever revoked for nothing.

Pretty much every seller on there now offers that feature as well.

Region locking does happen on MMOs and games that do not see world wide release. Avoid the russia vpn keys as enough there super cheap they are also a major hassle to get activated.

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Can steam shut your account down or temporarily ban you for using these codes?

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

No steam won't do that. They have implemented some region locking restrictions though. I would stay away from Russian keys.

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

No, but they can will, and have taken games off people either of their own volition or because the publisher or developer asked them to.

Their policy seems to be not to sanction the account of users who are making (presumably) good faith purchases, simply to take the product away if the key was gained by dodgy means by the supplier.

If and how you get your money back is entirely between you, the place you bought it from and your bank should that happen.

7. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

Been using Kinguin for a long time now, never had an issue.
    Speak about it in my blog if you want more detail.
    Never pay Steam prices.
    Or UPlay.
    Or Origin.
    or any of them.

They are gouging you out of money. Don't do it.

For example, an upcoming title I'm interested in will be Total War : Warhammer.
    £50 for a pre-order on Steam. Ha!

I will wait and get it much cheaper from Kinguin, holding off until closer to the time to wait for the best possible deal.

But if I wanted to, I could get the pre-order right now, for £25 from Kinguin.

Don't be ripped off.

8. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Is CDkeys coshure, my lad wants Just Cause 3 (so do I) for Christmas but I don't want him to end up losing money, the draw of it being only 17.99 is pretty strong though.

9. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I've picked up a few games on CDKeys in the past and had absolutely no issues with activations or anything being removed from my game libraries.
    I believe a few others on here have also used them with no issues cropping up.

Also worth noting that if you give CDKeys a Like on facebook you can get an additional 5% off voucher for your first purchase. :)
    https://www.facebook.com/cdkeyscom

10. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Your safest bet on getting keys from these sites is to wait a month or two post-release. Once the initial sales figures are in, most publishers won't bother enforcing policies to get Steam to revoke keys.
    JC3's been out for what? a month or two by now? Probably safe to get from Kinguin.

11. oscy

oscy Modder

We've all made this thread somewhere.

You'll have no problems. A couple of times, a company has revoked games for keys that was bought on one of these sites, however they then just get a replacement key (you might need to use the usual optional guarantee extra that comes with a purchase, like G2A's 'Shield').

No accounts will get banned, because Valve, EA, Ubisoft aren't exactly scraping for money, and the loss of future sales and the possible bad publicity, as well as erroneous bannings, would be far worse than just removing the game.

To the publisher, developer, it's no different to buying a pre-owned game. You're getting it off someone else, and they see nothing from that purchase. But in the age of DLC and extra, it's probably not as big an issue as it could be. Not like they're releasing complete games any more. For a lot of games, it's the swindlers being swindled if anything. If you're even more of a chancer, you can apply 0% tax to your purchase. Depends how far you want to pretend your morals go.

I bought Watch Dogs and South Park from G2Play. Kinguin had a summer sale and I pre-ordered Battlefront and MGS V in June or July for £23 each, played all of them on all those big clients, have had no issues.

12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

The only experience I had was with a Russian key. I used a IP changer to activate it but as soon as I went back to the UK they refused to let me play it. It seems that certain countries are now checked all the time so you need to buy the right keys.

13. PaulJG

PaulJG Minimodder

I use cdkeys all the time, bought over 30+ from them.. absolutely no issues whatsoever. :)

14. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

*Blip*

Last edited: 6 Jan 2016
  15. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

16. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I've been getting all my stuff from http://www.playgames.dk/ for the last couple of months. Have to translate the page into english, but haven't had any issues with them after 6 or 7 orders and there is a quick turnaround.