1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Invert screen horizontally (Mirror image)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by DemonEtrigan, 20 Sep 2011.

1. DemonEtrigan

DemonEtrigan What's a Dremel?

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a way to flip an LCD display horizontally so it will display as a mirror of itself.

I've been looking for a solution to this issue for a few weeks. I started with software, moved to cable modification, then LCD tinkering. If you know of a hardware hack, or a piece of software that can accomplish this I would really appreciate your help. It was so easy on CRT's; I guess the technologies are just too different to compare.

Note: Please don't suggest that I put a mirror in front of the screen, it's incompatible with the project I'm working on.

Another common answer is, "it's probably in your graphics driver software somewhere." I have tried current ATI and Nvidia software on different cards: Catalyst Control Center, Hydravision, Nvidia control panel; and 3rd party apps: Powerstrip, and LCD studio. I've scoured every pixel in all of them and have not come across an "invert-x" ability.

Thank you again.
    -DemonEtrigan

Last edited: 23 Sep 2011