1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Project CM stryker - Copper

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Ice Cool Systems, 14 Jan 2013.

1. Ice Cool Systems

Ice Cool Systems What's a Dremel?

Hi guys,

We recently did a HAFX 932 build with white and black.

This is our latest build with copper tubing.
    It is still a work in progress but this is the first of many updates.

Please let us know what you think! :D

[​IMG]

ICS:thumb:

2. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Not too bad, allthough I find bent acrylics to look better and cleaner.

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I really like copper piping, but if you're going to do it, do all of it. I don't like that solitary white tube going into the cpu. spoils it quite a bit. also is there a corner in clear tubing coming from the gpu's? :nono:

4. Ice Cool Systems

Yeah we are gonna change that white tube, we just ran out of copper glue lol and we wanted to test it really badly :p

Not quite sure what you mean about the clear tubing. There is none in this build. Everything is made out of copper tube.

5. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

I can see what he means, but i think it's only the light and it being glossy that gives that impression in that particular photo. Any chance of getting a pic without the cover?

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Ah yes, it's just the blue lighting reflecting off a bend bottom centre. I can understand your impatience, it does look very nice. I'm impressed by the use of copper glue, as it's rather expensive stuff that is!:thumb:

7. Ice Cool Systems

@ alpaca - i see now what crapman means. Will defo get a shot of the cover off! :)

@The_crapman - Thanks! We decided to go for the best joining method as we didnt want any unexpected waterfalls of any sort. :p

Will update this thread regularly as we have a lot still left to do in the case.
    We are going to be fitting a 360 rad in the roof with a pull and push system. So we need to mod the handle to allow space for the push row of fans. Secondly we are going to be transforming the HDD bays into a 'wind tunnel' whereby we will have 2 x 240 rads side by side with a push pull system as well.

We are going with a yellow LED colour scheme here so still some work to be done in that department, but again thanks for the comments guys! :D

8. Ice Cool Systems

Hi guys,

Here are afew more pictures of the build.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The components used in the build are:

i7 3770k @ 4.6 Ghz
    2 x Sapphire 6870
    8GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz
    OCZ Vector 128GB SSD
    Chieftec 950W Gold PSU
    ASrock OC Formula Motherboard
    2 x TS5 Inline pump's
    Ice Cool Systems Reservoir
    XSPC Rasa GPU Blocks
    XSPC Raystorm CPU Block
    2 x XSPC 240MM Rad

The Reservoir in the build is built solely by ourselves from scratch. The TS5 inline pump - which is another Ice Cool Systems innovation - pushes out 8bar pressure and with two of them in the system to maintain high flow rate with all the 90 degree bends, the reservoir still holds firm.

Regarding, the colour of the liquid in the system, we live in South Africa so to get hold of Yellow Coolant is difficult. Actually to get hold of anything in terms of modding or water cooling is difficult as our local computer stores dont stock anything of that sort. Thus the reason behind creating our own reservoir. We can either wait for a shipment from overseas that takes 3 months or hopefully get a yellow LED in the bottom of the reservoir and hope it turns out yellow in the end!

Any comments are welcome! :D

Last edited: 18 Jan 2013
  9. Ice Cool Systems

So here are the latest pics with the whole system complete.... for now :p

Comments please!! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]