1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows General MW3 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by will_123, 8 Nov 2011.

1. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Interested to know what anybody that has bought the game thinks of it. Apparently its the best in the series and im just wondering if anyone agree's or if its just the same again?

Thanks
    William

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

My copy has just shipped but I have no doubt it's the same old stuff again with slightly new grap... a new plo... new gamepl... new gun textures.

Still, CoD games are always fun and if it runs through steam I might be able to play some actual multiplayer here.

3. RedDethX

RedDethX What's a Dremel?

Waiting for Steam to unlock my copy, I have it all pre-loaded, I hear its amazing. I want to play the campaign and spec ops survival so bad.

4. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

I'll pick it up when it goes cheap on Amazon etc..

I like how they dangled the "dedicated servers are back" then just before launch said that they are all unranked and the only way to rank up is using that IWNet nonsense.

5. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Currently waiting for this to arrive in the Post. It should be good. Ish. I just wish they'd put back in Dedicated Servers. Even if they can only be rented from IW themselves. Just to make sure the connection times are better.

6. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

The maps are too cramped, cluttered and claustrophobic. You cant gain a position advantage on the enemy and hold down a part of the map, because there's no elevation to the gameplay - its all narrow corridors and flat encounters. Maps are basically just annoying clusterf1cks.

Theyve also nerfed enemy footsteps so I cant properly soundwhore or tell where the enemies are coming from, maybe that will change with Sitrep pro though. Guns and killstreaks are fine, but soon the assassin perk is going to annoy everyone because anyone who runs it will be invisible to the radar, made worse by the fact theres always UAVs up because of the support package.

Im very disappointed so far and that's almost purely down the terrible map design.

7. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

This.

I had headphones on playing it and couldn't figure where anyone was coming from. Maps look good but are confusing.

8. towelie

towelie How do I Internet!!

Have not played it yet but seen various multiplayer videos on youtube and i must admit wow it looks very simular to MW2 same sounds even the maps are simular even the kill streaks predator missiles Pavlow.Maybe there alot more to it but from what i've seen not impressed glad i took a week off work for BF3 rather than COD.

Out of 10 for the games campaign?
    Out of 10 for the MP?

I will buy it to complete the campaign but the MP side i'm unsure

Last edited: 8 Nov 2011
  9. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Yep, the footsteps are there, they've just decreased them to the point where its not realistically possible to hear them during most encounters. Plus theres loads of overhead air-support sounds which drain out any footsteps or enemy sound cues. Really annoying.

Sitrep pro is supposed to increase enemy footsteps though and Im trying to unlock that now.

10. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

I'm 3.2 hours into the SP campaign and I love it.

Yes, it's pretty much more of the same, but I'm enjoying it - and it is the final part of the trilogy after all.

I was also glad to see it looks pretty good (the best COD so far, but then that's what you'd expect) and my graphics cards didn't break a sweat.

11. headcasephil

headcasephil What's a Dremel?

mw3 online help

hi there all hoping some 1 can help been trying to get online with mw3 but will not let me long on all i get is message saying please check callofduty.com/mw3.status

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Merged a couple of threads together, we'll do as with BF3 and have a general thread for this game to save cluttering the place. :)

13. alastor

alastor Minimodder

EightoutoftenGamer gave it...8/10 saying more of the same but in a good way, and overall a better package than BF3. It reads like a 9/10 to me, but I doubt they could have scored it higher than BF3 and Uncharted 3 (also both 8/10) without a backlash.

Installing it to my 360 now, will probably spend the afternoon on SP.

14. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

What is the weapon recoil like in the MP? it looks ridiculously low in all the videos i've seen. Add to the fact that you can rank up and decrease the recoil, and those weapons look like paintball guns.

15. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Weapon recoil is more than MW2 but less than Blackops on most guns. You unlock a weapon proficiency called Kick that reduces it though.

16. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Ordered this for xbox... nuff said.

17. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

Meh, i think i'll pass to be honest. Minimal recoil takes the fun out of using a weapon i find. I'll keep an eye out on PC version reviews. I'm sure it won't be long before all the imbalances and flaws become glaringly bad.

18. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I feel that it's a good compromise. We get to have our dedicated servers but at the same time ranked matches go by their rules.

No getting kicked because you pwn an admin or because they need to free up a slot, no stupid weapon restrictions that are against the terms of use for a ranked server, etc.

At least until someone ports over the workaround from mw2 -_-

19. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Sounds bad for sniping although MW2 had waaay to overpowered snipers.

20. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

It's a twitch shooter. If you want MW3 buy MW2 it the same game, less the skins ofc :p at half the price!