1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Games getting crappy or is it just me?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by grritsshawn, 13 Nov 2011.

1. grritsshawn

grritsshawn I'm not insane I'm a modder

Okay well in the past like 3 months I've played and bought and returned almost everygame i bought...
    Dirt 3(way to easy)
    Gears 3...don't even get me started
    Skyrim....complete crap
    Dead island.....even crappier version of left 4 dead
    COD MW3...bad graphics,short and easy story line, Survival mode gets dull fast and same online
    BF3..Fav game I've bought love the online and story line but hate the lack of destroy able stuff in story and how easy it seemed.

So what you guys think about any of these games.

P.S.
    I'm praying for Halo and assassins to be good

2. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

How the hell can Skyrim be "complete crap"? At least elaborate before you spout such an opinion or no one will really take you seriously.

If you want a modern game to kick your ass then go play Dark Souls or The Witcher 2 on Dark mode.

3. alastor

alastor Minimodder

It's just you.

4. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Over hyped maybe but not crappy imo.

5. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Both. Dead Island didn't feel all that well polished to me.

Also; Using MW3 for comparison is a bit silly. Everyone knows it's complete crap. I play it simply for the different Multiplayer.

6. tehBoris

tehBoris What's a Dremel?

I dislike the new menu controls for skyrim, would like them to go back to the oblivion controls

7. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

You seem to be playing nothing but the most overhyped mainstream handholdy multiplatform games. I'd say that's the problem. Maybe you should look into some titles that aren't advertised on the xbox dashboard every day.

8. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

It's mostly you, your expectations are too high.
    As for the games listed:

Dirt 3 - I'm not a fan of the series anyway, so skipped out on this one.
    Gears of War 3 - It's basically the same as the previous two games, a few new weapons and slightly upgraded graphics. It's not a bad game though.
    Skyrim - Can't comment on that one yet, stupid postal service in my area has let me down... I'll edit this post and add something hopefully at the end of next week.
    Dead Island - Ok, it's a bit buggy but I found it to be much better than Left 4 Dead. It can get a little boring when playing on your own, but if you get a small group of friends playing along with you then the game is great fun.
    Cod MW3 - Haven't bought it yet, I'm yet to decide whether I'll buy it at all.
    BF3 - I quite liked the campaign, it is easy but the campaign on BFBC2 was insanely easy as well... it's more about the multi-player experience really, which is always very good.

I'm expecting the next Assassin's Creed (not the Revelations one, I mean the real AC3 when it gets done) to continue on the path of showing off a great storyline... though I'm not expecting too much more variation in the gameplay as I wouldn't want it to be too different to the previous games.
    As for Halo, I'm not too excited about this one. I didn't enjoy Reach or ODST and they sort of killed my interest in the series. It'll have to completely change paths to bring me back in. :\

I wouldn't say it's a case of games getting easier and lesser in quality, developers seem to be tailoring their games to a wider audience and including easy/new player friendly options alongside the modes for more experienced gamers. What I've found in my experiences is that Easy & Normal mode tend to be aimed to people who are unfamiliar with the games and Hard & Extreme difficulties seem to be the new Normal & Hard for experienced gamers.

Games that are part of a long standing series mainly seem easier because they use similar dynamics to their predecessors, which means you already know how to beat the game in theory.

9. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

You played bayonetta? If you want a challenging game try that.

10. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

See, your problem here is that you're just playing all the A-list titles and expecting them to be good. Gaming really, really doesn't work like that - that's like watching all the Hollywood blockbusters and expecting to see good films.

Generally, the more hyped a game is, the more it will suck - and the more its suckiness will be magnified by hype backlash.

The actual good games list is easy to compile from threads like this. Bioshock, Half-Life 2, Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3, GTA 4, Mafia 2, Crysis, Braid, Portal, Dawn of War II, Mirror's Edge, yada yada yada. Look for the best-rated games, rather than the most-hyped games, and don't buy games immediately upon purchase. Buy games based on reviews rather than expectations.

It's always folly to assume that because the people selling you something say it's going to be good, it will therefore be good. I avoid hyped titles for a good month or two to see how they're reacted to, until I can get some trusted opinions.

11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I'd second this, it also means the games are cheaper a bit later on.

12. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Quite a wide spread of games there. The question I would like to ask is what is it you are looking for form a game?

Dirt3 - Ok, not a great evolutionary leap from Dirt2 but at least they made the menus a little less of a pain in the arse. I didn't like how they tried to force feed me DLC cars though. I would maybe have bought one or two if they were purely optional.

Gears3 - Again, not a great leap forward, but I did enjoy playing the storyline through in 3 player co-op (don't have any more friends to make it 4 !). The online was much the same, but I enjoyed playing as the horde.

Skyrim - Way to early to tell, but I am currently playing it on both the PC and the PS3 and I am enjoying it on both. It looks way better on the PC by the way. This game is huge and you can't say you aren't going to get value for money.

Dead Island - Simplistic but I like the sort of RPG element they put in. Voice acting was so bad that it was worth playing just hear what and how they were going to say next. Again, another game that came into its own in co-op. I think this game is actually much better than people gave it credit for.

MW3 - I wouldn't touch it with yours! Seriously, this time I just said no.

BF3 - Campaign was terrible I think - they tried to turn it into CoD. Although the BC campaigns weren't fantastic, I did like the humour and I really related to characters and enjoyed playing them. Online BF3 is great - after hating the beta (mainly due to the metro map) I was pleasent;y surprised when I played all the other maps. I play a lot of Arma2, but I love BF3 for a bit of non-realistic flash bang online shooting. Maps are big enough to allow for tactical play and are not simply killing grounds like other online shooters. There's still too much running and gunnng to make it realistic, but it is a lot of fun.

The thing is for me is that with all the above game (MW3 excepted because I don't have it), I got what I expected. You really have got to try and see through the marketing guff to see if it's a game you like.

One of the best games I have played recently is Batman Arkham City - nice mix of genres and plenty of hours (if you do all the riddler stuff) to get good value for your money. I would definitely recommend this one.

13. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator