1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Dead Island Updates

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Wicked_Sludge, 13 Nov 2011.

1. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

so the buggy PC release of the game scared me away from a first-day purchase, but i havnt heard any news as of late on how the game is doing. theres a few patches out now if im not mistaken, has it cleaned up the gameplay at all? i would really like to get into this game but i dont want to spend all my time fighting to make it run properly.

2. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Ran straight out of the box without issue for me... But I digress, as there have been several updates specifically targeted towards the few issues people have been having (not just due to stability either: think balance/levelling). I've not spent too much time on the newer updates, but from what I hear it has improved the game quite a bit, though it was still fantastic on first play-though right after launch.

3. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

thats reassuring to hear. looks like the price dropped once already on steam, i might get it at the next one (hopefully around xmas). i played a little bit of it on xbox at PAX and really liked what i saw.

4. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

This game was not very impressive for me. I haven't finished it yet, but I hope to do so this Thanksgiving when I have a break from school. That is, if I can tear myself away from BF3 long enough to do that :p. I'm also playing through DS2 so we'll see. The patches have probably stabilized the game quite a bit, but I didn't have any trouble from the beginning like Malvo said.