1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp Indigo render for sketchup help

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Archtronics, 21 Jan 2012.

1. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Bit new to this but I am trying to render a zoomed out view of my building but everything I do results in a zoomed in picture of a small part of it. Any advice on how to get it to zoom out??

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

You need to zoom out in Indigo, not in SketchUp.

SketchUp by default saves the current point of view along with the model so that when you next open the file in SketchUp, you are at the same point of view as you left off. But when you open the SketchUp model in Indigo, you are basically just importing the model. Indigo has its own camera, hence its own point of view, so to speak.

3. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

I am using the SKindigo plugin btw in case that changes things.

I am not sure I understand I zoom out but the image does not change, previously when I moved the camera in sketchup it did so in indigo so I presume I have changed a setting somewhere.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Perhaps the zoom control is for the user's convenience (detail work) but does not relate to the camera as such?

5. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Found the problem changed the view from parallel projection to perspective. :thumb: