1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Far Cry 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 20 Nov 2014.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I guessing this is another game in the series but so far it seems to be more of a continuation of Far Cry 3.
    Major graphics issues and a patch and Nvidia graphics driver were released on day one. The driver was necessary am many of us with SLI had major issues. I am still tweaking as those that are far more cleverer than I post their fixes. But it is a slow process, I suspect I should have waited before playing the game so as to give the devs the opportunity to patch the game to a decent playing level.

Are games released to early these days? To have to patch on release date suggest that they are.

Anyone else playing this game and have any tweaks to share perhaps you could post here?

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I still find Far Cry 3 buggy as hell. I agree that games are released without enough quality control. Kinda feels like we are the beta testers for these games.

3. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Not sure I ever had any problems with FC3. I can't remember any, so can't have had many serious ones.

Reckon I'll get FC4 once the price comes down a little bit, it does look a little too similar to FC3 for me to pay full release price (or maybe I should seeing as I got FC3 on sale for a pitttance :D). Suppose £30's about right these days for a PC game.
    Probably wait and see if it goes on sale during/after Christmas.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am having very difficult issue with the graphics. Nvidia was supposed to have sorted it with the driver released on Monday or Tuesday and with the Geforce Experince optimise setting all would be well. Unfortunately this is not case. It is either to dark or there is ghosting or it is jerky the list goes on which is a disappointment.

I will have another go at tweaking the settings tomorrow if that fails I will leave it until it is patched my issues are quite common.

Edit: Just discovered that they, Ubisoft, withdrew the patch within a couple of hours and are supposed to be releases a retweaked version today. Hopefully that will solve some issues.

Last edited: 21 Nov 2014
  5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

The game is a mess graphically. Nvidia had to release a driver to sort out SLI issues on game release it has also been patched to try and sort the many issues that we are having.

The game is far to dark at night to make it impossible to play, or I have what I am calling ghosting, but it is more like he has a sack over his head and you are looking through it. Or it stutters. I have sort of fixed all of these but not all at the same time, yet. I am now into the config file and changing values in there and hopefully will eventually get to a playable game.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

George I am going to copy your post and mine to the Far Cry 4 thread in the hope that others will contribute but I think you are right we need a patch.

I have disabled SLI which has solved most issues and makes the game playable at least.

7. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I've not experienced the problems you've described when running it with my single 970, but I have found that the wake effect on watercraft gets drawn over the models, so at best it looks like they're submerged.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Dropping SLI and using Geforce experience optimal settings seems to resolved most issues. But Nvidia driver on game release day was suppose to solve the SLI problems. Still a pretty naff game, basically extended DLC for Fra Cry 3.

9. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I've read that disabling SLI sorts most of the issues. I've also come across this which suggests the following

I've not tried it but I'll give it a go later on and report back :thumb:

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Cheers George will look out for that. But I must say I have now got a playable game since disabling SLI so unsure whether to rock the boat with your suggestion.And I note I do not have Nvidia Inspector though I came across a mention of it yesterday. Will download and have a look.

Any answers to my questions on your For sale thread?

11. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I'll have a fiddle now and see where I get to. I used nvidia inspector a little while ago to get SLI to work in shadow of mordor and it seemed to work - I think it's a bit like a registry editor but just for nvidia

Edit: Well that would appear to work - I still need to do the changes I suggested in your other thread (changing the AA and ambient occlusion) otherwise I get ghosting (well I changed both and the ghosting went away - I'm not sure which one actually stops the ghosting but I think it's the AA) but the dark shadows go away and SLI is still enabled.

Last edited: 23 Nov 2014
  12. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

Have to say that I'm enjoying the game but it does feel like a re-skin of 3.
    I'm loving the co-op too, glad that works.

The graphics look good but..Crossfire profile is diabled in the latest Beta drivers so the major stuttering issues I had are gone, just occasional stuttering now.
    I've also had to turn the graphics down to "very high" to improve this. Still looks nice, but just not what I hoped for.
    And as for running at 5760x1080 I can forget that!

I was really hoping that Ubisoft would get their act together for this release. As always, they manage to completely screw it up.

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Can anyone help me find the mask in this area? It is close to the monastery and there are three dead bodies in front of the bell screenshot here with my position which is where this mask can be found. I have spent a fair bit of time searching this area with no luck.

[​IMG]

14. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I'm not sure if I've got that one yet or not. I only got a couple of days with the game before my 970 went back and I've been waiting for the replacement before playing more. I'll fire it up now and have a look for you though.

15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Think I might know mate a guy on FB has pointed me in the right direction hopefully. Just off to have a look.

16. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Well I found it, so just in case here it is:

[​IMG]

17. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Oh and if you can't get close enough to pick it up just shoot it.

18. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

I found it but couldnt collect the thing! Didnt know shooting them worked?

19. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Nor did I until trying to collect that one, I don't think it's possible to get close enough to pick it up so I tried shooting it and worked.

20. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Nice 1