1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Blogins, 24 Aug 2015.

1. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Worst thing about mgs 5 is that I need to wait another week

3. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

massive fan of MGS, the scores for this are mad. Cannot wait, been following this closely for years.
    Bring on September 1st!

4. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Well they did bring the PC release forward by a couple of weeks!

Quite keen on the idea of a reactive open world, perfect fit for a MGS game.

5. rollo

rollo Modder

As big a fan of MGS as I am I wont be pre purchasing PC version till I know its not another Batman. And I know many people who feel the same way. The console versions will likely be perfect, How well the Pc version has been optimised we shall see.

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

If it's like Ground Zeroes it'll be fine. That game impressed the hell out of me with how well it was ported.

7. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

the reviews so far have been amazing, id forgotten this game was out so soon, looking forward to this one, always liked the GTA series, be glad to see where they take this one!

8. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I haven't played an MGS game since the original on the PS1 back in the day, loved it and felt it was ahead of its time at the time!

However, I understand it has since had a bit of a hit and miss history (or as Jim Sterling would say - f*** Konami!), although the Euro Gamer preview for this seems really positive.

I must confess, I cringed a little to see it has in-built micro transactions, presumably only for the MP elements, that will hopefully not impact the story mode...?

Last edited: 25 Aug 2015
  9. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Yeah from what i can see and i've read the microtransactions are multiplayer only, but more to boost your progress rather than grind to unlock stuff.. that seams a little Pay2win for my liking.. wouldnt of been so bothered if it was skins n random bits n bobs but to help unlock stuff not so much... but until the game comes out and i've tried it i aint going to say its all doom n gloom. Not getting the game for MP anyway want the single player side lol

10. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I'm really looking forward to playing MGS V: Phanton Pain, loving the entire look of the game and the open world element to it.
    Already picked up a copy off the marketplace so just counting down the days for it to be playable now... I might pick up a copy for the PS4 a little down the line as well.

It's a shame that they've seemingly not included co-op play in the campaign, the huge open world could be a great place to have some fun with a friend.

11. rollo

rollo Modder

Online multiplayer is not part of PC launch for those that are looking at that bit. Was confirmed a while back that it will follow.

12. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Yeah. Not until next year?

13. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

FYI - this game is part of the current Nvidia GPU bundle on Scan.co.uk - am still sorely tempted by a GTX970 ha ha!

14. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

I've beein in a state of complete and utter apathy with gaming for the last 18 months or so and I really hope MGS 5 can finally bring that to an end. If it doesn't grab me then I guess I'm done with gaming.

It does look amazing. Just hope it lives up to the hype. MGS 3 is the best game ever made as far as I'm concerned with MGS 4 a close second.

Can't wait! :)

15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I'm the same way for SP games, MP are still awesome fun!

16. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

The SP space has been challenged for a while but I actually think there has been some really standout examples.

More transitional SP experiences like The Wild Hunt, a truly engrossing experience and such high quality.

Also in the smaller game space, things like Invisible Inc or Kerbal Space Program offer a less traditional SP experience, where it's not the story that drives the compellingness of it but the actual act of being involved and the way you can interact within it. Your actions weave the story if you will.

There is also some good hybrid experiences, games that have MP as an option but can equally be played in SP, like Space Engineers. I have spent hours making ships on my own but also time in an MP survival light esq experience, where our ship was damaged by an asteroid and we lacked the components to fix it. We had to use a combination of exploration, salvage and cannibalising other stuff to get it working, against the clock of dwindling o2 and power.

Obviously MGS V looks to fit more of a wild hunt story driven experience and while I realise steam and greenlight are full to the brim with subpar junk, don't despair, there is plenty good interesting games on the horizon.

Deus Ex: Mankind Devided & Xcom 2 spring to mind so if MGS V ends up being good, then plenty to propel into 2016 and beyond.

17. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I almost agree with you (Starfox 64 is my favourite game ever, MGS 3 is second).

I sincerely regret giving it away to a friend, but he'd never played a Metal Gear game and that could not be allowed to stand.

18. rollo

rollo Modder

Estimate was Q2 2016 at last check. The rumours are that its exclusive to consoles till then and they can just enable it with a tiny patch.

Metal gear solid 4s main issue was that it was basically 10 hours of video / talking and about 6 hours of real gameplay. If you skipped the videos on second play throughs you could get the total play time in the sub 8hours no problem.

From what reviews are saying Gameplay has is now actually the focus in the 20-30hour testing reviews that have been done they are not even halfway through the story.

19. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

The last ever Hideo directed trailer for Metal Gear. Prepare your bodies gents.

Its an end of a truly legendary saga. If the crazy scores coming out for it are anything to go by Metal Gear is truly going out with the final end its deserves.

full screen 1080p, volume up, salute!

20. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

I remember when Kojima went on record as saying MGS2 was his last game. Look where we are now! :D