1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Quantum Break

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 13 Feb 2016.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Quantum Break was on my anticipated list for a while anyway, but now it's no longer an Xbox One exclusive, it's also coming to Windows 10!

If you pre-order the game (I'm not encouraging pre-ordering, I'm just stating that this is an offer) from the Xbox One store (and selected retailers - digital copies only) you'll get a code to download the W10 version free. That's not all, the saves are shared between the two! :thumb:

More information on the website.

You also get Alan Wake with the XB1 pre-order if that's your thing.

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

windows 10 only is going to kill it.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

Did you expect it to be anything but Windows 10 exclusive ? It's a Microsoft exclusive game they will make for sure your either Xbox one or PC win 10 to play it.

What's gonna kill it is the awful previews its received with a lot of reviewers wondering if anyone will watch a 4 22 min episodes in a game.

4. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

it wont. It will sell enough on Xbone for it to be a success alone.

Also 32.77% of steam users currently use windows 10 and rapidly growing, resulting it been the most used OS very shortly.

Windows 7 is currently at 34.31% and declining.

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I wasn't really interested in this game, but it killed it for me when I found out it would be only available on the pc through the Windows Store meaning no steam, origin or uplay.

It is good to see though that you get it for the pc if you buy it for the xbox and the cross saves etc, it would be nice to see this happening on more games and hopefully cross play.

6. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Never heard of it, at first I was thinking of that TV series where a guy travels through time but thats Quantum Leap :lol:

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Unless it's like Halo 2 where all of ten lines of code being removed made it work on any Windows OS. Microsoft are so lazy in this regard I bet it's a repeat of that and the workarounds will be out within days of release.

8. RDex73

RDex73 What's a Dremel?

I was going to get this on the Xbox One anyway so getting it for free on the PC is just a bonus, it'll be interesting to see the difference between the 2 versions

9. Hex

New live action 'Villains' trailer. Getting excited, but still nervous now. No doubt it won't live up to the hype, but I just want it to be good!

10. rollo

rollo Modder

The tv bit of it has been confirmed as a 75gb optional download on Xbox one. I hope they offer a resolution option on PC. Do not fancy downloading 18 different versions for no reason.

11. Hex

Oh crikey. The game was already 47gb preload XD My poor little XB1 doesn't have enough spaaaace, I already had to delete a load of games for it. I think it's time for an external drive.

12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

This is what I am looking at for when I get an external drive.

Collective Minds

13. Hex

Ooh that's quite neat, I like that, thanks! :)

14. Hex

I am loving this game so much. The story is really good and the episodes are just like the random sci-fi I watch anyway (very Fringe-esque, even ignoring Broyles Reddick being in it).

Shame it's got so many technical issues though :( I'm playing on XB1 so haven't experienced the PC problems others are having with it. The bad press over this will hopefully force UWP changes. I'm not worried about UWP, if it continues to be crap people won't use it and it will have to adapt or die out. I don't think we need to say it'll kill gaming... :eyebrow:

However, I have unfortunately experienced the save wipe issue. it's most prevalent after watching the episode at the end of Act 2 and then exiting to dashboard, but it seems like it might happen if you quit the game after any of the episodes. Gutting to have to start again. I'm on the final Act now though and can't wait to see how it ends!

15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Apparently I need to update Windows to buy it. So I click the button and it starts downloading Windows 10. I wonder if it realises that I am already using Windows 10?

Great game.

16. Hex

Yeah, Windows store is a bit... special. So glad I got it on XB1 cos the game is worth playing.

17. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

i didnt know that the win 10 key came with the xbox version of the, game explains why over at the avforum copies are going for as low as £13 a pop.

I bought 1 for £15. Thought cant be a bad deal. Will see how it goes on my rig tomorrow. Mid range gaming pc imo. Dont have the required 16gb of ram

18. Hex

19. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Some kind soul gave me a free PC key on Twitter yesterday. I love Remedy games and this one looks really interesting.

Hopefully it will get patched to a somewhat playable state as, from everything I've read, it's a complete mess thanks to UWP.

20. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

I see the game is £44.99 in Xbox one and pc store, if I buy from Windows 10 store I can play on both?