1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals New Keyboard Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sp!, 20 Oct 2016.

1. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

I've got a microsoft ergonomic Keyboard

https://www.microsoft.com/accessori...rds/natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000/b2m-00008

I've had for years but unfortunately the ; key wasn't responding so I took it apart this morning to clean it out and try and fix it, which I did but unfortunately destroyed the space bar in the process.

So I'm in the market for a new keyboard asap. I could replace it with the same thing again for around £40 but I'm tempted to go with something a little pricier and mechanical.

I'd love something with a split keyboard (but looking around that doesn't seem to be as popular as it was when I last bought keyboards.) It must have a UK layout (with a large enter key that spans two rows) and it needs to have a number pad (or at least a matching separate number pad.

Any recommendations???

2. asura

asura jack of all trades

Mechanical split keyboards you're either looking at one of the small run custom boards such as the ErgoDox, a horribly expensive cherry G80-5000, or an only mildly expensive matias keyboard.

I've probably missed some and others will chime in...

3. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

There all way out of my budget...

I've ordered a Ducky Channel One Black Cherry MX Switch Mechanical Keyboard so fingers cross I get on with it.