1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Bluetooth headphone adapter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by goldstar0011, 13 Jan 2017.

1. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

For quite a while I've been using a generic Bluetooth so I can use any of my 3.5mm headphones, sadly it has gone missing so it's time to find a new one.

The main reason I like one is so I can put my phone someone and still control the track skipping, I know dedicated earphones can but I don't fancy touching my head each time to skip a track.

So, what do people recommend?

On quick glance on Amazon I found this

No idea if better money is better quality etc, my last one was £10 and was fantastic

Cheers

Last edited: 13 Jan 2017
  2. doobleshaft

doobleshaft What's a Dremel?

Generally I just use bluetooth headphones these days and I'm happy to touch my head for them. There are however some headphones with controllers on a cable I just can't remember where I saw them and searching is time consuming as all sorts of other stuff comes up.

But then are you saying you don't have a 3.5mm port to plug them into but do have bluetooth? I haven't found anything better than your Amazon link for a comparable price so I'd say go for it.

3. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

I've got a little SBH20 knocking around somewhere that's always worked well for me. Play/pause/skip/volume buttons, has driven IEMs and normal cans (HD555) just fine.

I have since switched to the SBH80, which have the controls on a band that sits around your neck (which uses the battery as a counterweight). There are a few other bluetooth headphones that use this style of control if you want something more convenient than a dongle on the end of a too-long headphone cable, but don't want controls on the headphones themselves.

4. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

5. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Cheers guys, ended up buying the one I linked as a stop gap.

I do want a better option of a a Bluetooth headset but for now it's all good