1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News NSA denies prior knowledge of Heartbleed vuln

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 14 Apr 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Of course a bias towards disclosure of security flaws is another way of saying they don't disclose all flaws or even most flaws. It's such a vacuous statement.

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

That's not the only vacuous part of their statement, they go on to say.
    'A clear process exists among agencies for deciding when to share vulnerabilities, the office said in a statement.'

Then you have the Obama convened panel that reviewed surveillance activities saying.
    Does fixing software flaws equal disclosure ? It's no good fixing something for a select few.

How short is a short periods of time ? It may only take seconds to use a software flaw.

How rare are “rare instances” ? If we only use a particular software flaw one in a thousand times, is that rare.

4. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

That is the first thing that popped into my head when I heard the breaking news of heartbleed.

5. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Problem is that they could be telling the truth (I'm slightly inclined to believe so given the hidden nature of the bug and the difficulty involved in exploiting it) but they've destroyed so much trust that people won't accept anything they say.

6. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Count me as one of the few (or many) who don't trust. The U.S government's (PAUSE: Just for clarity, many western nations B&B is telling lies, although the US seems to be the ring leader)bread and butter is made, lying to the public and keeping secrets. True Fact !

Last edited: 14 Apr 2014