1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News NZXT announces Grid fan hub

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 17 Apr 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

They should create a version for 4-pin PWM fans, and then with a single PWM header from the hub to the motherboard.

3. misterd

misterd dremel eater

Is there a reason devices such as this aren't using SATA power connectors? They're on every power supply now, and nothing else in my system uses molex anymore. On any of the modular power supplies I've used the molex ends are on a separate cable from the SATA ones. I like to keep things tidy. </rant>

4. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Thats what I thought as well at first but surely if you want PWM control then you would rather control fans individually or in sets and there are already fan controllers that offer that such as the in depth mCubed T-Balancer,

I don't really see the point of this though either as who wants up to 10 fans all running at full blast all the time? Especially as those with enough space to fit that many fans will have a case that either has an included fan controller or at least would be of a high enough value to mean that the buyer would not mind spending just a little more for a proper fan controller.

5. ziza

ziza What's a Dremel?

Agreed a SATA hub would be more useful, but many FAN do not come with such connectors.