1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phenom ii 955

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by javaman, 21 Oct 2012.

1. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I recently upgraded my pc with a phenom ii 955. Ive folded a few wus but What sort of ppd should i expect? I seem to be getting around 1k ppd.

2. kirk46

kirk46 Cheesecake Nom Nom

IIRC i had a Phemon II 950 at stock speed and i was getting 5-6k ppd

3. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

My PhenomII 955 gave about 6k fairly consistently with no overclock

4. javaman

Im gonna have to look into my client then somethings definitely amiss. The GTX460 is producing about 2 WU's a day@ 5.7K each. So 11K PPD is coming from that, every 2days or so im get an extra WU produced @ 1.6K.

Last edited: 22 Oct 2012
  5. Ben Lamb

Ben Lamb What's a Dremel?

An x4 phenom should be producing at least 6k ppd sounds like the graphics card is holding the cpu back. I recommend running virtual box in windows so you can fold using linux and use the GPU tracker sofware to fold using the GPU in windows. This stops the GPU holding the CPU back as much, virtual box hogs all the cpu power unless you run it at low priority in windows task manager. It has a feature to allow windows to use a percentage of the cpu cycles so you can provide your GPU with a bit of cpu power to fold. I recon you should be able to get a min of 18k+ ppd with your setup so its pretty good realy. I like phenom cpus so much better than those terrible bulldozers, shame they are hard to get hold of now.

6. javaman

Cheers, I'll look into doing it that way. Might be a while tho before I report back since I'll only be home for a short time the next couple of weeks. Was hoping to experiment with VB anyway and now I have a goal for it =)

Yea, I was really hoping for a phenom x6 but they really do seem like gold dust now! Ended up settling for a 955 which is a nice upgrade from the athlon 6000.
    Next up, dual/tri PCI-e lane mobo and reinstall my gtx260 lol. I think there's a little bug on the go again =/

7. Ben Lamb

Ben Lamb What's a Dremel?

They had some cheap x6 at scan, I drove down to buy one as they were showing in stock but they didnt have any. They tried to sell me a bulldozer - no thanks ! Phenoms are sweet, best thing to do now is get a motherboard with loads of pcie slots for GPUs and a big PSU because multi gpu folding is coming soon with monsta points !