1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete THE 67th BRIGADE, GERMAN CHAMPION COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 31 May 2014.

1. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

THE 67th BRIGADE, GERMAN CHAMPIOON 2015, yeeeahhh!!

yes they do indeed,

As one f six contenders at the we-mod-it.com casemod contest in germany, i am building a casemod which is based upon an ENEMRAX case and Aquacool Liquid Cooling Kit.

http://we-mod-it.com/board1-modding/board13-tageb%C3%BCcher-casemods-casecons/board215-we-mod-it-casemod-contest-2014-supported-by-aquatuning-and-enermax/2329-the-67th-brigade/index4.html#post38477

Seeing as I am almost finished with the DARK KNIGHT
    http://we-mod-it.com/board1-modding/board13-tageb%C3%BCcher-casemods-casecons/2208-dark-knight-to-serve-and-protect/index8.html
    its time i started my new worklog for the Fire Fighter Case I am building.
    As mentioned its called THE 67th BRIGADE, rides again.
    This one is all about classic and modern fir brigade and fire fighter themes.
    No, I am not building a fir engine or some replica of anything specific, but holding the whole phrase Fire Brigade as hostage for this one

I will be putting in as many elements which will have their purpose though, as possible which embody the style, like red and gold leaf paintjob, lots of chrome and copper, they typical fr fighter badge shield and much much more.
    As always, i am sure i will be full of inspiration as I go along. I am even going to the local fir brigade next week to gather impressions and they will some how find their way into this mod.
    more to come soon,

Last edited: 15 Dec 2015
  2. abbas-it

so its time to get the first update online here too.
    like i mentioned its all for a casemod contest held by ENERMAX and AUATUNING at we-mod-it.com

this will probably be the first case that i basically do not shred and totally change to 100 percent.
    it will remain more ot less the PC block form, which i hate, thats why i have to do my best to change the accent a lot.

its a trivute to thise brave fire fighter who risk their lives every day all around the world for us stupid folks who forget to turn the iron off.:D

so here goes.

[SIZE="5" THE 67th BRIGADE[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]
    i visited my neighbour who is a plumber and got some interesting scrap parts from him. i want to make a HYDRANT in the front of this case which will maybe hold the power switch.
    i have no real idea what it was, but what it certainly will be..[/SIZE]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i fonud this candle holder in the living room, hope lisa doesnt miss it, i have an idea, for the top of the hydrant.

they come in all sizes colors and shapes as we can see.

boiled it to get rid of the stuck on wax..

this is the NERMAX FULMO case upon which this is all based.

i swapped dside with afellow modder so heas has both closed and i have bothe plexi window side

believe it or not, thats just about all i need for this one.
    [​IMG]

time to disect this baby

i ma covering certain parts of the sides with these little wooden panels which will be painted later on in fire fighter themes.

i am using birch wood, as its harder and gives me a much cleaner edge which i need for the effekt i am striving for.

milled the edges, (I KNOW,,,,NEED A NEW 45° BIT

i then started the front work planningh how to get that HYDRANT in there. apart from that i want to integrate a lot of chrom and especially something like a fire engine grill for the front fan too

found a couple of parts which together with the candle holder could actually be the top of the HYDRANT.

i then started making the fan cover which will look i bit like a fire engines front grill.

i was a the junkyrd and found this whatchamacallit. was probably a basket for something. i am just interested in utilising the chrome rods for the front grill

made a temporary jig to bend them all a little without actually blistering the chrome, cut them to size and that worked fine.

it was then time to figure out the height of the HYDRANT so i had to occupy the 5,1/4 bays to find that out, so i grabbed the aqua liguid reservoir.
    nomatter what i tried it wanst what i wanted, so i then thought, who said it hast to be stuck in with the connections in the back, so i turned it round back to front and liked the industrial look it gave me. will have to change and adpt the look a bit, but it could stay thaty way basically.

like i mentioned, fir brigade equals a lot of chrom, so here are tha front side chrome balustrade rail thingys i made. also found this chrome on copper tubing at my plumber freinds house. bend nice. i need some holders for the side rails which i made out of brich in such a way that they will later blend in to the PC front and will not be visible as extra stuck on,
    [​IMG]

i put a wooden rod in on which i will pull the chrome tube over, for more stability.

here is a picture of the DCMM COLOSSUS WORLD RECORD MOD in which did something similar, came out nice then.
    NICE,,, I LIKE IT....

more to come,,,,

Last edited: 23 Aug 2014
  3. Father Fuzzy

Father Fuzzy What's a Dremel?

this is sweet

love the creativity :rock:

4. abbas-it

the next step was making the window mid section ahield of arms or friefighter type shield.+
    i got some Inspiration from the net and made a Little axe, horn and helmet for them too.

[​IMG]

i started making the front out of whatsits Name Aluminium, with Little profiles on it. and Setting my makshift Hydrant into tzhe front. i am Switch the resrvoir araoung so that the otherwise non visible side with the two pumps can be seen, i will use them later on for the Emblem lettering
    [​IMG]

next step was making some more contours so i decided that seeing as the radiattor will be placed inside the top, i would make a new fan cobver for that which will suck out all the rising warmed air. i also want to get rid of this typical block formed case look, anyone who has seen my other Projects know, i simply hate that stale undustry blocky square form.

the covver will be sanded at 45% on the edges to make it eventually look as if ist a part of the original case.
    [​IMG]

thanks again to my neighbour for all These old mustered out plumber parts. we found abrass Thermometer which when adapted with the right Fitting will be fed into the Aqua flow and pick up the temperature. it all fits perfectly to the theme.
    [​IMG]

5. abbas-it

next i started getting some of that typical old fire Brigade truck goldleaf painting twiddly bits on. i found birthday Card Stickers in ebay which i will cut according to wish and join and re-array so that when lined in black will resemblöe the goldleaf look i am striving for. ist all much too filigrane for airbrush.
    [​IMG]

so i needed to get everything reddened first, so after painting i then struggled with my stanley knife and Stickers for the required look, that was a Patience and strenuous chore. took hours for all the pieces.

[​IMG]

got the THE 67th BRIGADE logo on the pump Motor covers. and rigged up the water works. Special thanks to aquatuning for that great blood red mayhem fluid and all the watercooling equipment
    [​IMG]

got the side Panel parts stuck and screwed and painted the fade in onto the shields.
    i also raised the feet by sticking in cut off pieces of Chrome pipes to give the base more airspace underneath.

[​IMG]

started Fixing the golden painted parts i made to complete the shields for both sides. they really came out well. real firefighter shields

[​IMG]

much much more to come..

6. abbas-it

Hi guys, so after finishing the last back parts of THE 67th Brigade, i am now posting the final pics.
    A Video will also continue.[/SIZE]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: 28 Mar 2015
  7. abbas-it

hi guys, and here is a little video to show you the features like siren, whirley light etc..

8. abbas-it

Hi guys,
    in 2012 i made a record of 5 trophies with 3 Gold at the annual German Casemod Championship in Cologne wiht THE RENEGADE and THE BLACK WIDOW and thought Iwould never be able to top that.
    This year I actually have and am solemnly intimidated by the achievement of making a new record.
    I won 6 Trophies with 4 Gold, an un bloody believable record.

RAGNARS REVENGE, made 3x Gold
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Best Casecon (Scratch Build)
    Best Cases on the move, which is all about the Electro-Mechanicals
    and Most Spektacular, Public Vote.

First time a single Machine won 3 Gold.

Apart from that

THE 67th Brigade [​IMG]also won the German Casemod Championship, and have herewith defended my German Champ title set in 2014 with THE DARK KNIGHT in 2014
    [​IMG]

I also on 2nd Place in Germanys most bets Beauty case with AMAZING GRACE, which was made live there in just 24 hours, and also 3rd place with the same 24 hour mod in the challenge too.
    [​IMG]
    now I am speechless.

9. abbas-it

hi guys here is also a Video i found about THE 67th BRIGADE. ist in german but neear the second half he Shows all the Details. all taken just before it became german Champion 2015 at the gamescom-dcmm :)