1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Purple Horizon

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by easynator, 5 Jan 2015.

1. easynator

easynator What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    Introduction
    Welcome to my next build! This time, I'll go with an ITX build so I stay in the Small Form Factor (SFF) area. As you might realize, I really like computers with a small footprint. My main goal will be to have the rig as clean and as simple as possible. I have a few ideas at this moment and I am working out the details on a daily basis.

You can expect me to post a good quantity of photos that shows the details and the making-of my second build. All photos will be taken with my newest OnePlus One smartphone.

See this build log #ProjectOrangeHorizon if you missed my first build!

Sponsors
    I would like to thank you Parvum Systems and Bitspower for making this build happening.

Table of contents

Social
    • Instagram: #ProjectPurpleHorizon
    • Facebook: ProjectPurpleHorizon

Current state
    I completed the installation of the memory waterblock. See here for more information

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I started the tubing routing
    [​IMG]

I received the case
    [​IMG]

I installed the full motherboard waterblock
    [​IMG]

I changed the o-rings for the fittings
    [​IMG]

I assembled the pump and sleeved the cables. I also sleeved the PWM fan splitter signal cable.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other than that, I have a few photos of the the radiators.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 31 Mar 2015
  2. easynator

The components
    Standard
    • CPU: i5-4690K [Received]
    • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Impact (z97 mITX) [Received]
    • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1 [Received]
    • SSD: Crucial M500 [Received]
    • Video card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 (04G-P4-2974-KR)
    • Memory: GSKILL

Watercooling

Last edited: 10 Jan 2015
  3. easynator

Reserved #2

4. easynator

Reserved #3

5. easynator

[​IMG]

The first order
    submitted my first order two weeks ago and guess what, it has already been shipped and received! Trust me, Dazmode is awesome!

The components
    I already know what the computer case will be but I'm waiting to finalize a few details before sharing that information with you. I'm not under any NDA, I just want to confirm a few things before sharing this exciting news with you! That being said, the case will allow me to put a 120mm and a 240mm radiators so you can expect the system to be fully watercooled. I don't think I will be overclocking this one since this is an ITX build. My #ProjectOrangeHorizon will remain my main gaming system. This second build will be used for something else including casual gaming. It will still have enough torque to play big games, but I don't want to spend another 5k for this build (at least for 2014-2015).

Photo
    [​IMG]

6. easynator

[​IMG]

Unpacking the first order
    I received my first order yesterday. As I said, the team at DazMode is really great. I submitted my order in the morning and it was ship the same day. It took the standard two business days to travel from Ontario to Quebec.

I took a few photos and I tried to be a little bit more professional with my setup. Last month I changed my Nexus 5 for a OnePlus One and I hope the quality of the photos will be better. The name of this build if the Project Purple Horizon so I thought it would be nice touch to have a little bit of purple in the background for each photos... What do you think?

I still need to set a better photo-shoot environment, but it will do the job for now :)

Photos
    The package
    [​IMG]

The reamer
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 120mm rad
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 240mm rad
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Subbed, since I'm on Dazmode forums too. :)

8. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

Rule Nr2 of BT; You don't talk about BT Your first post must contain pics of the actual mod in progress.

That and there is a typo in your topic title.

9. easynator

Thank you!

Thank you, I have adjusted the first post and corrected the typo.

10. easynator

[​IMG]

The cable sleeving options
    I'm at the point of designing the cable sleeving colors. I'll probably order them from ensourced unless someone convince me to go with another company. I'm open to suggestion and my final choice hasn't been taken yet.

My idea was to use the Acid Purple Paracord Sleeved Extensions (#4223bf) as well as the standard White color.

Which option do you prefer?

Options
    Option 1
    [​IMG]
    http://choosemypc.net/sleeving/?p=5496d65ef2fff

Option 2
    [​IMG]
    http://choosemypc.net/sleeving/?p=5496d68c8bbc8

Option 3
    [​IMG]
    http://choosemypc.net/sleeving/?p=5496d6c635a94

Option 4
    [​IMG]
    http://choosemypc.net/sleeving/?p=5496d6fa9316c

11. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Did someone say Parvum? With my insider knowledge on this project.. of course I'm here for the ride.

12. snef

snef What's a Dremel?

I really need to do a Parvum build this year

im in for sure

13. easynator

Thank you guys :)

14. easynator

[​IMG]

The PSU, the CPU, the SSD and the motherboard
    I'm starting to receive some components. It has taken so much time... I'm still waiting for the GPU as well as the memory so I have everything to bench test before adding the different watercooling blocks. I'll be announcing a new sponsor within the next few days. Stay tuned!

Components
    • CPU: i5-4690k
    • PSU: EVGA Supernova 650W
    • SSD: Crucial M500 240GB
    • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Impact (mITX)

Photo
    [​IMG]

15. easynator

[​IMG]

New sponsor
    Have you noticed something different with the banners? I'm glad to announce that DARKSIDE (the product line from Dazmode) has sponsored a few products for this project (mainly LEDs and sleeving).

You should expect a big update for this week-end since I've received a few orders since my last update.

Photo environment
    I really wanted to work on my photo environment, as I was saying a few posts ago. I recently bought a Sony 5N and wanted to have a semi-professional environment to take my photos. I'm learning as a fast-forward speed how to take good photos. I bought a photo-tent as well as a tripod... Anyway, here is what it is looking like. I still need to work on the background used behind each item, but I'm getting there. I initially wanted to use white or purple for my background but I learned from a friend of mine that I should probably use black to create a nice contrast with the different white components (which make a lot of sense).

[​IMG]

16. storm-83

storm-83 Minimodder

usually there are a lot of rants on mod-logs when nothing is happening
    why is this in the modsection?

17. easynator

[​IMG]

The reservoir and the pump
    I have decided to go with a small reservoir since the space available in the Parvum Systems The Veer case is quite limited. It doesn't require a top mod. It's already crafted in the reservoir itself. It has 3 inlets and 1 outlet. It measures 62mm x 62mm x 95mm. I have also selected this reservoir because I wanted to go with a DDC pump. I initially wanted another model of the DDC pump but it was back order so I picked a DDC 3.2 PWM 18W pump. A DDC pump cooler is always a must to have. The installation guide of the cooler can be found on the Bitspower's website [here]. It is pretty straight forward and was really easy to assemble.

By the way, it was my real first attempt with the photo-tent and some post-processing. Let me know what you think.

Components
    • The reservoir: Bitspower DDC Mini Water Tank Ultra (BP-DDCT3-CL) [LINK]
    • The DDC pump: Laing DDC 3.2 PWM 18W Pump - MCP35X (DDC 3.2PWM) [LINK]
    • The DDC pump cooler: Bitspower Pump Cooler For DDC/MCP355 - White (BP-DDCPC-WH) [LINK]
    • The sleeving (White): DarkSide HD Cable Sleeving - White (DS-HD4-WHT) [LINK]
    • The sleeving (Purple): DarkSide HD Cable Sleeving - Purple UV (DS-HD4-PUR) [LINK]

Photos
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. easynator

[​IMG]

The PWM fan splitter
    I decided to use the Swiftech 8 Way PWM Splitter because this is what I used on my first build and I still wanted to use a SATA connector instead of Molex connector.I sleeved the PWM signal cable and you can find below what it looks like. The process is quite easy since you just need to unglue the wires because they were stick together. I have not found a way yet to sleeve the SATA cable but I'm working on that. Let me know if you have a suggestion for that!

Components
    • The PWM fan splitter: Swiftech 8 Way PWM Splitter (8W-PWM-SPL-ST) [LINK]
    • The sleeving (White): DarkSide HD Cable Sleeving - White (DS-HD4-WHT) [LINK]
    • The sleeving (Purple): DarkSide HD Cable Sleeving - Purple UV (DS-HD4-PUR) [LINK]

Photos
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

what are you using as your studio lights?

20. easynator

I bought [this] so it has 2 x 45 watt = (200 watt EQV) 400W 5500K Professional fluorescent Light bulbs. I make sure that all ambient lights in my room are turned off in order to make sure I just get the light of those spotlights.